Prairie Dog Hunt Recommendations in SD?

Hunt

Hey Fellas,
I'm looking for p-dog guide recommendations for South Dakota for this summer. I'm only able to get out there about every 7-10 years due to other commitments. I've used Jim River Guide Service in the past and another guide out of Howes, SD. The Howes guide is no longer guiding but I had an excellent experience. Jim River was good too but really prefer to stay on a ranch (cabin, ranch/guest house, etc.) as opposed to staying in town in a motel.

With that said, would any of you be willing to provide recommendations?

dakotahuntingtrips.com/prairiedogandcoyotehunts.htm has several ranches listing trespass and lodging for pd. No first hand info,sorry. Good luck.

Well did you have a chance to go PD shooting in SD??? A group of us had shot several years until gasoline prices got stupid!! Always had a great time with the locals! Great folks in the west!!

I know the person who got this all started years ago. His name is Bob Emory and lives north of Mission SD. I hunted on his Dad's ranch many times. Just call the Indian Affairs possibly at Mission SD and they could line you up. We always stayed at White River.

Back