Trijicon IR Hunter MK2 60mm

Dry Creek

Has anyone bought the IR Hunter MK2 60mm yet ? I looked at one in a gun shop yesterday and would rather have a standard crosshair than the ones in this unit. Price was also a consideration as well. The vertical placement of the CR123 batteries however was a plus. I have older Flir Thermosight units that still work fine but they are obsolete without any repair possible if they quit. Side placement of the USB port might be a negative but I am used to the USB port on top.

You have multiple reticle selections in the MKII, but I'm assuming you mean the newer Trijicon model of the 60mm Hunter. Personally I would look into other options over the Trijicon line. Unless you want to retrofit it with an external power source so you're not running through hundreds of CR123's.

....my hunting partner has the 60 IR-Hunter2....no issues with aux battery into side usb with a 90°.
He didn't care for reticle options either compared to his older REAP-IR(some of the same reticles as my IR-Hunter MK3)...but his new 60 definitely makes due.

Back