Chasing your remote, TIP of the month

AWS

Retired PM Staff
Sitting on you stand and your struggling to get your remote out of your pocket, having it fall to the ground while calling. Remotes are a pain to keep tract of.

I put stick on velcro to the back of them and for years sewed a velcro patch to the thigh of my hunting pants and while it worked I still had to store the remote while hiking to the stand.

While looking for a holster for my handgun to carry on the MC I came across this. An inexpensive tactical holster on Amazon(under $12) and the light turned on. I sews velcro to the holster(black patch) and it works great. I can run the remote with one hand and never have it fall down. when I'm hiking or riding the MC I just stuff the remote in the holster.

[img:center][/img]

I did sew velcro on both sides of the holster as I keep the holster on my left leg while hunting with a rifle and on my right when hunting with the bow.

With remote in holster for travel and you can see the velcro patch.
[img:center][/img]

The mag pouch on the holster is a great place for a folding knife.

Last edited:
Solid Pro Tip right there!!!!.....I have struggled mightily with my remote (bangs against the rifle, dropped in snow, unable to reach it...etc)...I have multiple thigh rigs and am gonna give this one a try!...Thanks AWS...

I picked up a tip from Kirsch to use a bicycle handlebar mount that I believe was to hold a phone or camera. The base on the mount is magnetic and there was another thin magnetic piece to put it in the battery compartment of the remote. Works good if you use a tripod. I keep my remote in a FHF gear Garmin Rhino gps pouch attached to my binocular chest pouch when walking. It’s also tethered to my harness when walking, then I tether it to the tripod when hunting in case I knock it off.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: AdamTI picked up a tip for Kirsch to use a bicycle handlebar mount that I believe was to hold a phone or camera. The base on the mount is magnetic and there was another thin magnetic piece to put it in the battery compartment of the remote. Works good if you use a tripod.
That simple little gadget is a game changer.

I have one of those GPS handlebar holders on my MC, I bet it would work great on the leg of a tripod.

Not Tab .. but that is what I use when on the tripod. I lanyard the Remote to one leg, and just drop it in the mesh net.
I Sewed my own triangle mesh/net for my tripod. It also great for holding LRF or hand call when not using them. Great for the night hunting.

Back