Loads in 6.5 CM with IMR 4350 or AA 4350 ?

I drove an hour and a half yesterday to see what I could find to load for my 2 new 6.5 CM's. I have a few powders that will work but have really nice loads for other cartridges that I try to reserve them for. I did have a few lbs of AA 4350 that I can use. Any way.

I found a great little shop This place had several pounds of H4350 for $51 or $53 a lb. I can't remember which. He also had several lbs of Rel 15, Rel 17 and Rel 19 for $57 a lb. Several lbs of IMR 4350 and IMR 4381 for $37. Several lbs of CFE 223, 6.5 STABALL and many more that I'm forgetting. He said he does up to $25,000 a day in business just in powder.

I couldn't get away with buying the H4350 with out the old lady killing me so I bought a few lbs of IMR 4350 which was cheaper and a lb of 6.5 STABALL.
Does anybody have a good load for IMR 4350 or AA 4350 with ELD match 140s, 140 gr Sierras or 143 ELDx's. I know some people refuse to help thinking it won't be accurate or you'll blow up a gun. But usually if you find a good load in one gun it will work in several. Not always but otherwise manufacturers wouldn't have match ammo.
I don't have a whole lot of bullets and components to shoot 50 rounds or more doing load work ups so any help would be appreciated.
Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
At those prices I am surprised he does any business. The StaBall may have been a better chose than the IMR or AA4350. You need to watch Powder Valley or Midsouth if you want to buy powder.

Thank you. I agree about the prices and would rather shop on the Internet. He was definitely taking advantage of the situation. I had to go within 30 minutes of there any way is why I stopped by.
I had a really hard time buying H4831 for $37.99 a lb at Bass Pro a while back. That was really cheap compared to this guy.
I know a few other places that sell powder and they barely get any so I'm not sure what's going on. He had a large selection of bullets also. He was really proud of them also.
Besides that I was really surprised to see the H4350

I had a jug of H4350 that had a tag marked $37.95. My last jug cost $50 and tax. Seems that's the going rate for a pound of powder in the Tulsa area. By the time you pay hazmat and tax, I doubt your saving much if any by mail order. Sometimes if you wanna play you gotta pay.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogI had a jug of H4350 that had a tag marked $37.95. My last jug cost $50 and tax. Seems that's the going rate for a pound of powder in the Tulsa area. By the time you pay hazmat and tax, I doubt your saving much if any by mail order. Sometimes if you wanna play you gotta pay.

If you watch and buy enough to justify the hazmat or a couple people go in on an order you can save money. Why buy just a pound instead of 5 or 8 pounds? Some powders only show up once in a while. Buying a pound or two may not last you until the next time it comes available.

Some places only let you buy 1 bottle a day. I wanted to buy some 2200 at Sportsman's Warehouse a few days ago. They had 3 lbs but you could only buy 1 a day so I didn't get it.
Besides that sometimes it's hard to convince my better half that I need it. She sees that I have a bunch but doesn't understand you can only use it in certain calibers or only use it for 1 gun.

Back