Nanny coyote

1oldcoyote

Recently scrolling through some old posts. I see this "name" popping up. Frankly I do not believe such a thing exists in reality. Other than someone theorizing. As to what they thought they witnessed to be fact.

Perhaps someone can post a link. From a Biologist, actually proving such a thing exists.

Originally Posted By: 1oldcoyoteRecently scrolling through some old posts. I see this "name" popping up. Frankly I do not believe such a thing exists in reality. Other than someone theorizing. As to what they thought they witnessed to be fact.

Perhaps someone can post a link. From a Biologist, actually proving such a thing exists.

I believe if the "nanny" coyote(s) existed in real life. The urge for the alpha male would be too much. For him to contain himself. When she herself came into heat.

Furthermore, if it were true? Would that truth be subjected to peer review? As well as noted in published wild canine Biology? Something seems a miss to me. IF it is true the nanny coyote exists. I would like to read such info myself. As to it's validity vs someone's theory.

It also makes sense to me. If the nanny coyote scenario is true. Should there be pictures of it in a "family group". Alpha male, alpha female, her litter & the nanny. I believe that answer to be yes. Dependent upon where the den is located & access too. IF..I witnessed such a rare event. I would take pictures proving my theory.

I have recently searched the internet. And have yet to see/read the biology of this occurrence.

Furthermore, the internal desire/biology of an adult is to procreate. If/when said nanny. Came into heat. Then would she not roam off looking for a male. Or otherwise mate with her father. Would she not?

About an hour ago. I was watching you tube. I listened to a guy talk about denning coyotes. He mentioned the alpha pair keeping back a yearling. To help raise the alpha female's new litter. He claimed it was "common". I'm not sure how or where he obtained such info on that matter.

Apparently only a few chosen people know it exists. Common? Really? Go fish.

Back