Hammer time!

weekender

We had a gray fox on the bait, watching him and he split quick. Here come two sets of eyes which were coyotes. Kay had already retired for the night but came from sleep to gun in very short order. 90 yards .223 53gr Vmax X-Sight II stock IR. DRT I will get a still pic in the morning, waiting on #2 to come looking for it's mate.

[video:youtube][/video]

Want to take a moment and thank you guys that take the time to post your videos.

Been a year since I've been able to get out after them myself, and I learned a long time ago, while shooting competition, the value of "visualization" since accurate shooting is largely a mental function; probably 90% mental/10% physical, IMO. Dry firing was very helpful in target shooting, but "visualization" of what it takes to make a perfect shot was every bit as important when you could not dry fire.

I watch all these videos, and am hoping that visualizing exactly when I would break the shot will knock a bit of the rust off if and when I am able to get back out. Visualization of breaking a shot on a stationary target is easy, but it is harder to visualize without all the different possibilities presented by the coyotes in you guy's videos. Keep 'em coming, guys!

Back