A day of dens

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I'm not one to intentionally shoot pups for the fun of it due to the fact that I want them to be able to mate down the road and provide me with more hunting journeys by procreating, I have shot a few pups digging around some property line fences who wanted a taste of my friends chickens in his coupe. I didn't feel good about it but I did what I had to do to protect his animals. I personally don't believe that I could call myself a hunter if I were shooting sitting ducks that never had a chance to even run or that I did not properly stalk/call.

Bottom line, there is a big difference between being a hunter and executing game. This is no different from shooting a doe out of your truck window off the side of a highway. The big question is, was your purpose of execution justified?

Last edited:
I agree AP......and thanks Jeff.....Brownie, I worry every day that someone will watch FURTAKERS on the OC and use that footage that I worked so hard to get against me and everyone else that loves this heritage and sport we call predator hunting.....I love coyote calling, coyote calling contests-stage and field contests, [beeep] if there was a canary calling contest I would probably enter it....The hope for me at least is that we educate, entertain, and promote this "sport" we love...and show average people that might never do it, that it is challenging, fun, and a worthy cause for various reasons....Like I said, I will hunt them any time, anywhere, for any reason....I just hope we as hunters learn we must always put our best foot forward to show that hunting is conservation, it sucks that we must always think of the pics we post, the video's we show with that in mind. We should never have to justify to anyone what we do...[we were born free americans with several inalienable rights, all of which seem under attack.] So with that in mind, apologize to none, show some restraint, and enjoy what our creator has given us....Good luck and good calling, Al

Quote:
It is the position of Predator Masters that such photos will be removed from the board for obvious reasons.

And I see they have.
thumbup1.gif

Originally Posted By: Yote Yoda USMC At first I thought DC was just in a bad mood all the time

Naw. DC is very seldom in a bad mood.

He just ain't near as good expressing what he wants to say in a type written media like AP Jones and some others are. IF DC was that good, he might would of said it just as AP Jones did though.
tongue_smilie.gif

Now if I drive 100 miles and the fish ain't bitin, all bets are off. I may be in a bad mood at the end of that day.

On another note, we FINALLY got some badly needed rain today. I think there was a drop spaced about every 1/4".. WooHoo .. Mother nature has a sick sense of humor..

stop coyote killing contests of New Mexico is using your pics Brownie.....and if I were you I would tell them those photos are yours and they have no permission to use them...a lawyer's signed letter is the best way..it sucks that we give them the very ammo they need..........

Unfortunately like rodeo said...its sad what this world is coming to. Im only 26 (27 in couple days), and I can say that i have seen the world turn into babies in my lifetime. No matter what we has hunters do to not show the true but gruesome side of our lifestyles as hunters the people that can't handle it will always seem to see it. I don't personally believe in going to advertise things out there that i knowingly feel people can't handle these days, HOWEVER i think its crazy that some think the world is sugar coated.

I have my own beliefs on this matter (the thread), and i don't feel the need to share them. However, i will say that sometimes things are done that other won't agree with...i have seen things in my own hunting expierences that would make people cringe...do i feel good about them, NO, but sometimes they are neccesary. Us as hunters know and understand that. The outsiders don't, and won't.

We as hunters should remember that regardless of our opinions on the topic at hand that we still have an agreeance on a larger topic...hunting. Its our life style's, passions, obbessions, carreers, hobby's, and way of life. There is no reason to sit here and bash each other on a public forum.If you don't agree then send him a PM. Everyone sits here and post's negative comments and bashes Brownie, that just shows the "antis" that they are getting under our skin and making progress....stand together.

Or Brownie could have sent us all a PM of the offensive photos and we could delete them as we wish and not have them public and used as ammunition to try and curtain coyote hunting.

This is a FORUM not a rubber stamp for every ones actions. If I see something that is out of line or offensive I want to be able to do something about it. If I'm out of line with my comments I'm sure I'll hear about it from the other members of this community or the moderators.

Protecting our hunting heritage is something that is very important to me.

actually went to there site to check it out,
I guess brownie isnt the only one who likes puppy pictures.

I noticed how a good share of the photos they have are of pups, Looking all cute and fuzzy! exept for the one of brownies, where they were laying there dead.

Im not all mister PC, but a little common sense goes along way.

This is one reason I very rarely post photos.

Originally Posted By: JeepyjerI call and kill adult dogs. Those are like picking off squirrels if you guys thing that makes you a coyote hunter then go for .I want a challenge that's why I don't kill the ones I find in the fields they are to easy like shooting pups out side a den.I thought this a hard core calling forum a person would think it was with all the custom call makers.

ME TOO> I don't hunt from end of FEB to end of OCT> KILLLEM now and no targets for the fall winter season.

JD

Originally Posted By: bigdog1Originally Posted By: JeepyjerI call and kill adult dogs. Those are like picking off squirrels if you guys thing that makes you a coyote hunter then go for .I want a challenge that's why I don't kill the ones I find in the fields they are to easy like shooting pups out side a den.I thought this a hard core calling forum a person would think it was with all the custom call makers.

ME TOO> I don't hunt from end of FEB to end of OCT> KILLLEM now and no targets for the fall winter season.

JD
Well your kind of late I was getting bashed from everyone and being from Ca they were taking pop shots at me.
Also very well said Ap Jones I just could not put it into words like you did.Love your site I am a customer too.

Last edited:
Lots of bashing, and trash talk...
I've said this in a few other posts, and I'll type it again for those who haven't read or seen my posts.
Personally, I don't kill pups, I don't kill coyotes until the fur is prime, that is just me, and my requisites.
I am not telling someone else how to do what they want or "feel" the need to do, whether it's for management or for fun!
NOW... as I stated in a post about a month ago, you guys need to stand together, or at least find a bit of common turf, cause I'll educate you on one thing, you and the anti's have nothing in common.
Give em an inch, they try and take a yard..., Do any of you really think they understand why we do what we do?
How many of you really think these anti's "hate" the guy who put the sneak on, and pounded these pups more than they hate someone like me who films it all?
Sit back eat popcorn all ya want watch the fellas wine and moan about dead "dogs"... I'm thinkin of the bigger picture, like how the F*** do we still have an irs, or epa, after all this BS... you think we're adding fuel to the fire by doing what we do in the realm of hunting a DOG... there's much bigger problems brewing.

Out of sight, out of mind.

Am I offended? NO
Do I think it was in bad taste? Yes
Do I think calling a fellow hunter on the carpet is going garner me some respect from those who hate us? NO
Do I hate cows? Yes

Those idiots also have pics from foxpros website showing NO PUPS and bashing the contest up north they had or held?! And lots of ADULT COYOTE PICS. So yeah perhaps my pics were distasteful but I'm still not apologizing. And again I will say this THEY DONT CARE ABOUT AGE ALL THEY WANT IS YOUR HUNTING RIGHTS. Scroll fhrough the page and look at other photos you may find some of yours with dare I say it DEAD ADULT COYOTES. Sure they are using the contests as leverage but only to be followed up by all coyote hunting.

I have been reading yalls threads on this forum for years just never made a screen name. Im not a newby to this site nor a newby to predator hunting. Here is my 2 cents- when I first seen brownies pictures I knew where this thread was going. I was surprised it wasnt seconds before he started getting bashed. No way he should of ever posted them pics. That was a very selfish move on his part. We all enjoy hunting predators or we wouldnt be on this site. Is it necessary for some places to kill every and all cototes? Maybe maybe not. Is it necessary to post pics of pups that you have to wipe the milk off their mouths that you just shot at their den? NEVER!!!! THAT IS FREAKING STUPID. Me personally am not going to set at a den and shoot pups. Heck I see grown coyotes everyday this time of year and dont shoot them for the fear the may have pups in a den. Kind of like catching all your fish out of your pond. After awhile fishing in that pond is going to be no good. Same as hunting. Folks can say I have to kill every coyote I see to control
them but thats BS. There is a handful of folks on here that wake up every morning with the sole purpose of controling coyote numbers. Most of us are people just like me that love to predator hunt and do it evrry chance we get after we work our regular job. The world will not end if you let them pup coyotes grow a little. Sounds to me that ol brownie cant kill grown coyotes so took out some frustration on some pups. Anyway i have rambled on enough. Long story short if you feel the need to shoot a 3 pound baby animal of any kind dont be stupid and post it on the internet.

Last edited:
Brownie it dont make a crap who else is on there page. You posting them pics was stupid. Its that simple!!!! You can come up with all the excuses you want. It was a very rookie move on your part. Use your head for something other than holding your ears apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back