crossbows in Missouri?

Kansas is allowing crossbows for the upcoming archery season. I don't like the idea of crossbows during archery season. I guess we will see how it works. Kansas has also changed it's laws on rifle calibers. Used to be that a .243 was the smallest diameter rifle caliber...now it reads, any center fire rifle caliber is legal. That means the .223 ar's are gonna blaze away at em now.

Originally Posted By: BailKansas is allowing crossbows for the upcoming archery season. I don't like the idea of crossbows during archery season. I guess we will see how it works. Kansas has also changed it's laws on rifle calibers. Used to be that a .243 was the smallest diameter rifle caliber...now it reads, any center fire rifle caliber is legal. That means the .223 ar's are gonna blaze away at em now.

Trust me Henny Penny the sky will not fall because of it...

Crossbows and AR's are tools of the Devil himself!!
grin.gif

I have nothing against AR's. I would love to own one someday. I'm just surprised that they are allowing a caliber that small to shoot deer. No offense.

Bail,
It's like anything else, use a properly constructed bullet and put it in the proper place and the result will be a properly dead deer. Slob's wound deer with .300 Magnums too, so it all falls back on the Indian and not the arrow.

Originally Posted By: BailI have nothing against AR's. I would love to own one someday. I'm just surprised that they are allowing a caliber that small to shoot deer. No offense.

No offense taken on my part.
thumbup1.gif

Just because the agency has decided to allow the caliber for deer hunting doesn't mean that the woods will suddenly be full of folks shooting .223 AR's.
For many years the regs in KY specified a minimum of ".240 caliber or above" for hunting deer. Several years ago it was changed to "any caliber centerfire rifle or centerfire handgun."
After that caliber change I could count on one hand the number of rifles I saw every year that were under the .240 caliber minimum specified in the old regs.

I totally agree.

Originally Posted By: GCBail,
It's like anything else, use a properly constructed bullet and put it in the proper place and the result will be a properly dead deer. Slob's wound deer with .300 Magnums too, so it all falls back on the Indian and not the arrow.

Crossbows are legal in Missouri during archery season with a doctors permission. You can download the form from the Missouri Conservation website. Have your Doc sign it and mail it in 2 weeks before you can use it. I have the permit but haven't used it yet.

As someone in medical records, many many doctors in Missouri (Yes even in the big cities) are signing the forms for crossbows. However you can't get a lifetime exemption anymore, 5 year max.

Seems that they are being considered by the MDC. Curious how people felt about a possible inclusion to the Missouri Archery Season come 2015...

Back