High bobcat prices. Anyone who wants to take advantage of them.....

You did fine 12ring. I was right there with one of the buyers grading all of the cats and when he got to your cat he loved it and said good things. The ONLY thing that I could see that MAYBE didn't get you more money is that when he measured it he said it went in the 32-36" category which is Large. Had it been stretched to 37" or 38" it would have made the 36"-40" grade which would have probably gotten you another $100. So your cat would have went for $650. Other than that your cat was pretty good. Practice makes perfect.

Quote:The Nevada stretch wont really hurt or help you. It looks nice, but having the cat the proper width and pulling it as long as you possibly can is what is going to affect grade. The rest is up to the genetics of the cat. Unless you have a giant cat theres no reason to stretch it much more than 8" at the base on a 40" or larger cat. Understanding that bigger cats are going to be wider, just dont force it wider. Cats 36-40 should never be wider than 8". Under 36 I would go with 7 1/2" wide. I have never ever seen a buyer measure the width of a cat unless it was really outside the norm.

Stretching wider usually results in shorter skins, which can kill you on cats. There can easily be a several hundred dollar difference between the same cat at 35" vs 36"+

Smartest post in this thread.

Back