Bleaching Skulls

Think it kinda comes with the territory! Looking forward to all that comes tho, got me a good man, I guess he might take after his daddy, who knows ........
Now tell what ya really want??? :eek: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
>>James L.

Didn't really mean nothin by it. Just meant, I guess, that the hunting will come with the territory(Jamie). Hell, already been fishin, coonin, squirl, deer, and half/ass beaverin with him, dont mind none of it. At least he's got him a girl that will, not just let him, but will also go with him when his buddies dont want to.
As for the good guy...... Yeah, he's alot like ya. Ya raised em good, thats what I love about em.
TooDLeZ

TeXaS_TrOuBLe55 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I just reread what ya wrote...

I thought you said "tell what ya really meant"
but you said "want"..

Dont want anything else. Got what I want, all I will ever need. He's one of the good ones, not gonna let him go... So, means your stuck with me for a long time! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

TX_TRBL55

Was just let you know, Im workin on gettin a PIC of my CowSculls on here...... Got one scanned and ready to go, if this website will just let me save everything.. I have went to hunting-pictures.com like you said, and its given me hell. I'll keep workin on it tho...

TeXaS_TrOuBLe55

Welcome to the board Amy .
you didn't realize what you were getting yourself into when you started dating Jamie did you . But we are glad to have you around future niece-in-law

Sean

Hi, I'm on the FFA Wildlife team at Sandra Day O' Connor High school in Helotes, Texas. My ag teacher is always telling us to collect skulls from different game animals so that we can practice identifying them for the techniques part of the wildlife contests. He was at some wildlife conference or something a couple of weeks ago and he told us that people from the other teams just let the skulls soak in a bucket of water for a few weeks and things in the water get all the meat off and clean the brains out. He said the skulls looked very clean and advised us to start doing that for the skulls we collect. You might ought to try that. Hope this helps.

Texas 4X4.. Did you smell those skulls? If you didn't smell them then they did something to them besides just letting them sit in a bucket of water. I cann't think of anything more rank than an animals skull that has been sitting in a bucket of water for a couple of weeks to get the meat off of it.

Most people use a peroxide solution to kill the smell after it has been through the defleshing. As far as getting the flesh off there are faster ways than setting in a bucket but I cann't think of one that smells good.

The bleaching that Amy is talking about is done to turn the skull a brilliant white before it is being painted. The problem she ran into with the one skull is the fact it came off a 2000 lb + brahma/simatal(sp) bull with a horn width of about 2 feet. The skull is about 2.5 feet long and just to danged big to get it in a 5 gal. bucket. I don't think the thing would fit in a #3 washtub it is so big. I have one of the horn slips and it is 11 inches long and it is four inches in diameter. And that is with about 6 inches of the tip originally cut of so the old bull wouldn't gore you......... James L.

Not just the size of the thing, but that suckers is a hell of a thing to lug around. For now, its just hangin up, catchin some sun, till I figure out what I want to do with it. I kinda laid off the skulls for a while, I'm painting ummmm, bird houses right now, and wood burning signs... Im still trying to get that website to work to post my pics. I only have the one tho, gotta get film developed for the rest... Things have just been crazy around here. Dont seem to have time to do anything "hobby" wise. All work, no play for now, at least till after October. Tempted to just take my moms advice, save money and elope. I doubt it tho, Jamie done said NO to that one.

Oh yeah, thanks for the welcome Sean /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

LaTaZ.... Need SSSLLLLEEEEPPP!!!!

TooDLeZ
T_T

If you keep having trouble or just don't care to mess with it Amy, send me the pics and I'll put em for ya and psot em in here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Wait a minute. I don't know if I can psot them or not.
Send em over and I'll post em instead. Good enough? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hey RiverRunner
Im gonna try this ImageStation that James told me about to do my pic with it... If I still have trouble I will send it to you or him... Should be taking my film Friday, and will have more pics by next week.

TooDleZ
TeXaS_TrOuBLe55

Putting this up for Amy! Cool pic of a cow skull that she painted.>>>> James L. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

fd8ca3d2.jpg

WWWOOOHHOOOOO!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
FINALLLLY!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
I got it on here, and Photo Gallery, with another pic there also.... Now just gotta get the other ones done...
THANK YOU JAMES FOR YOUR HELP!!!!!

Im tired of foolin with this P.O.S. Computer 2nite, Im headed to bed.....
NITE

TeXaS_TrOuBLe55

Looks good, I like it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Glad to hear ya's got the photo situation ironed out.
I'm waiting for a preview of the Predator Masters protocol skull /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Im glad you liked it... Hoping to get the others up next week or so...

Just what exactly are you talkin about?? Protocol Skull?? Talkin about my BIGONE? If I ever get the energy, or the motivation to work on it, we'll see... What would you like to see on it? Need some Ideas!!!

T_T /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back