FOXPRO Skyote

FOXPRO

FOXPRO is pleased to announce the release of our new hand call, the Skyote. Many of you have known about this for some time now. It has been a long work in process, but they are finally ready to go! It was very important for us to release our first call as one that is very easy to blow, and is able to reproduce everything from prey distress to coyote vocals. This call is the first commercial call of its kind, that I know of, that features a raised ridge around the toneboard to help virtually eliminate freeze-ups (I haven't had one lock up yet). Here are some photos:

Skyote3.jpg

Skyote2.jpg

Skyote4.jpg

And the retail packaging:
Skyotepackaging.jpg

With the purchase of the FOXPRO Skyote, you will also recieve a free keychain call. This is a closed reed call that easily fits in your pocket, and is always there when you need it.
The price on the Skyote package will be $19.95. They should be ready to ship by the end of the week. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

Mike,
Nice looking call. The keychain call you have in the package looks similar to the one I purchased from Jay N from his website. Is the keychain closed reed just a coaxer mouse squeak? Does the Skynote come in different colors?

I like the looks of the Skyote. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Will the keychain calls be available separately if we wanted to buy a few?

Mike,

I saw the picture of this call for the first time, the other day, in AP's catalog. What a great looking call. The raised ridge around the airchannel is definately something I've never seen before. Basically, the ridge is the toneboard, as that's the part that the reed contacts to produce sound. Makes sense, as air can easily get under the reed to start the vibration, thus sound. Very innovative! Hat's off.

Couple questions:

What is the reed material?

What is the size of the call? Based off of comparison to the keychain call, it appears to be a small call. That's a good thing! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Very nice.

Tony

Will these only be at catalog only (FOXPRO, ALL PREDATOR CALLS) or will they go to GANDER MOUNTAIN,WAL-MART,SPORTSMANS WAREHOUSE, ETC..............? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Hyperwrx,

You will see 3 different companies with keychain calls, as we have shared the mold with them. They are Rhino Calls, All Predator Calls, and us. The keychain calls (or poker chip calls as Jay calls them--great name!) can be used for different calling scenarios, whether it be as a stand alone call, or as a coaxer. They were designed for the purpose of having a call with you at all times. I keep one in my pocket most of the time, and if I ever needed a call in a pinch, I just pull it out. The reed can also be changed to suit your needs.

The Skyote is only available in blue.

Mturbo,

The keychain calls can be sold separately. They are available for $3.50 each.

Tony,

What is the reed material?

The reed material is polycarb. The thickness is 10 thousandths.

What is the size of the call? Based off of comparison to the keychain call, it appears to be a small call. That's a good thing!

The Skyote is JUST over 4 inches long. At the widest spot in the bell, it is just over 1 1/4 inches.

Mike Dillon

FOXPRO Inc.
"The Caller of the Wild"

Scott,

It should be very easy to change the reed out on the keychain calls to anything you want... note that you will probably ruin the production reed when you push it out so tuning a different reed will be necessary. They use standard JC reeds. If you want a coaxer reed you will need to insert the reed in the opposite end from what it comes as from the store. We drilled one out at the KC Expo and put a large plastic coaxer reed down into the body and it worked great, too. Joe "Arky" Bradshaw used it to make really cool woodpecker sounds.

These little calls really do sound great! They are easy to carry in your pocket and would be easy to tie to your lanyard or remote cord.

Nikonut

thanks for quick response and just want to say I love my FOXPRO XR-6 and you guys have a awesome call , and Im sure I will be purchasing the skyyote also for use of howling with the FOXPRO and the key chain sounds cool also!! Keep it up!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

That looks like an awesome call /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif I like the shape and the size. It should be a winner /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif Kerry

Quote:
Both AP and FP eagerly agreed to be on the Rhino Calls Field Staff when I decided to share the Poker Chip Call with them.

And his ProStaff hasn't even got one yet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

I just did an order with AP the other day and they generously included a poker chip call. Thanks AP. They are about 1 1/2 inches in diameter and really sound great. Looks like the reed might have been bladed. Really great idea Jay.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif
Doc
SmallCall.jpg

Back