BLACK DUCK CALLS ???????????

Stump Jumper

has anyone ever seen or have any information about a predator call made by a company called BLACK DUCK CALLS from Indiana. how does it sound and how rare are they? thank you in advance. stump jumper

Stump Jumper: I know the family that made the Black Duck calls. Ed Mehok made them, but he passed away about 10 or 15 years ago. I have been in touch with his nephew, and was told that him and his dad are thinking about making the calls again. The family only lives about 3 blocks away from me. If I can help you with any questions, fire away.

------------------

Bill

woody, thanks for your help, i bought a predator call at a flea market in the box, closed reed and just wanted some history. the box was market $2.95 and i bought it for $4.00 it looks new. thought it would be a nice collectors piece. stump jumper

Stump Jumper: i have seen some of his calls advertized on E-Bay going for as much as $65.00. Don't know if whoever was selling them ever got thier price or not. One of my cousin's and a friend of his used Black Duck calls quite a bit, and a matter of fact, they entered the National duck calling contest in Studgart Ark. about 25 or 30 years ago and came in 2nd using these calls. Ed Mehok used a lot of exotic woods in his calls. There is no telling how many survived, and which ones may turn up. He made duck, goose, predator, and even had some 45rpm records recored with his calls. Hope this gives you a little history of these calls.

------------------

Bill

Stump jumper,
I'll give you five bucks for it. I can already visualize me telling the wife about it. "The box was marked 2.95,Hun"---
smile.gif

Stumper Jumper--I have a Black Duck Call that I purchased maybe 25 years ago. It is a wooden predator call with a real small reed and makes the mouse/rodent squeak sound. The reed is so small that it freezes up almost immediatley in the winter, so when I use it, I suck air through it instead of blow?! It makes a real nice mouse/rodent sound.

thanks, guys, you're a real help. the collective knowledge of this group is amazing! as is the desire to help fellow hunters. thanks again hope i can help you out someday. stump jumper

StumpJumper,

They made four calls to my knowledge. I currently own three of them. I also seen the same set of three go for $18.00 last week.

If you want email me at tcw@gci.net and I can send you a picture of all four (one which I don't have yet), and I can also route you to feller' that might just have a few left.

Or anyone else that wants the picture. I would post it here, but I'm still computer slow.

PS Silverfox if you ever want to sell that little wood Black Duck call let me know. It sounds like the one I'm missing.

Good calling,
Alaskan Yoter

[This message has been edited by Alaskan Yoter (edited 05-30-2001).]

Alaskan Yoter,

If you would attach that picture of the Black Duck calls to an e-mail to me at willhigh@nccray.com, I could post it here for others to see.

I hope you find someone else with the call you are missing because I don't think I will ever part with that little call.

------------------
Silverfox

yotewalk.gif

Our good friend Al Lux just offered these three new in the box calls on e-Bay. They went for a little over $23 for all three. He said they are currently no longer being made.
CallsBlackDuck.jpg

Back