home made shooting sticks...pics

Quote:
I really like the idea of the rubber hose on the top. See if you can find a couple used alum arrows instead of the dowels.

Ditto that. I used the thick rubber band on my arrows, but I like the tubing idea, too. If you left the tubing un-fastened, I wonder if they could be height-adjustable? They're surely not going to slip when X-ed and it would be nice to be able to relax them, slide the tubing up/down, and change the height- that is one thing I like about thick rubber bands.

Great idea, though.

10-10-08005.jpg

Thanks for the tip on mounting your rifle to the sticks Shark... I might have realized it eventually, but sure helps to know the tips in advance!

Aint exactly shootin sticks but heres what I have. Tripod will extend from sitting to standing,at least for me,Im 5'6" but they had taller models that were too high for me when sitting. It will go prone by leaving legs expanded and laying on side,wrap free hand around diagonal up leg and rest rifle on formed fist and slide for elevation. I cut 4" peice of pvc in half and bolted it to shoe so shoe could be removed and with a second shoe can still be utilized as a camera tripod. Applied dense foam with glue and painted. Tripod was $55 @ cabelas but beats 50-80 bucks for bipod for each rifle.
I let her use it due to her tendency to try and saw lava rocks in two to get lower elevation! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif
http://i340.photobucket.com/albums/o348/coyoteodie/cabin%20chat/petewith2232.jpg

Last edited:
coyoteodie I am buiding something similar to that right now. But I am not using an existing tripod. I am trying build it all from the ground up. I will post some picture when it is done.

Lookin forward to your pics!
I like this tripod due to the sidecrank for perfect elevation control. Kind of like a truck window,or so Ive heard. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Back