turkey guns

bama_caine_break

I thought it would be interesting to see what all yall out there are carryin in the turkey woods. post what you use and what load you shoot in it, and a pic if ya want.

i just bought a mossberg 835 grand slam turkey this year and so far im in love with it! its killed 2 birds(one for me and one for my buddy) and has gotten the job done as best as it could have been done both times. i let my buddy use it for a couple days, he killed one with it and liked it so much went out and bought one just like it. i had been unsing my duck gun, a benelli SBE 2 and it got it done with plenty to spare but at almost 50 inches long it was just no fun for the run and gun kinda huntin in thick woods we do down here so somethin short was in order. i shoot winchester supreme plated # 5 3.5 inch shells.. patterns good and puts the smack down on em! im gonna save up and buy an eotech for this gun and it will be perfect for turkeys and yotes. yall have a good ern hear!
good huntin and God bless
Matt

Falllinebird013-1.jpg

I too shoot a Mossberg 835. I bought this gun in '99. Killed 11 turkeys with it, lots of ducks and geese, used it for a crutch when stuck in muddy duck ponds, and actually used it for a paddle once.

Had to replace the barrel, because the other started to rust from the abuse.

I have a BSA red dot scope mounted on it, Primos Jelly Head choke tube, and I shoot Hevi Shot turkey load, #6s. Patterns well with that load.

4128Spring_Turkey_3.JPG

4128Shotgun_on_bench.jpg

4128Spring_Coyote.JPG

Bake

Last edited:
Here's what I'm shooting. Love this ported 24 inch barreled 835 and have an Aimpoint 5000 on it with a one minute dot. I killed a turkey at 62 yards with it last year. I like the fact it comes drilled and tapped for scope bases and with sling swivels.

Mossberg835-1.jpg

Here's a closeup of the aimpoint.

Mossberg835-aimpoint.jpg

I had one of the Remington 870 Express magnums for a couple of years and it just beat me to death. The 835 shoots so much easier with the same 3.5 inch shells.

Benelli M1S90 3" .12 gauge semi-auto Camo Turkey Gun with 24" vent rib barrel and fiber optic bead, sling equipped with a Vero Vellini green sling, Kick's .660" Gobblin' Thunder choke shooting plated/buffered lead Winchester Supreme 3" Hi-Velocity 1 3/4 ounces of no. 5's. It's a sure killer...
18520000_0004.JPG

18520100_0260.jpg

Works great on predators with the same Kick's .660" choke and Federal Premium No. Four Buck, or, now with a Kick's .670" GT and Remington HD-BB's. I'm quite fond of it, never let me down...
18520Grey_Fox_Benelli.jpg

18520Benelli_coyote.jpg

No pic but the same as the hammerofthors Browning bps (10 ga though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif) win supreme turkey #5, 4-5 birds so far lots of ducks and geese and one coyote and one red fox to date Longest shot on a turkey 44 yds 22.5#er drt /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

yall should learn how to call better and you wont have to shoot so far /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif just kiddin guys ive had to make a few long shots myself sometimes it just works out like that. nice collection though so far mossberg is in the lead and for good reason /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif yall keep em comin it will be interesting to see what the majority is.

Mossberg 835
Aimpoint 9000sc red dot scope
Rhino choke
Nitro Company 3.5" 4 X 5 X 7 hevishot
Beartooth comb riser

[image]
chet002-3.jpg
[/image]
[image]
chet005.jpg
[/image]

Rem 870 supermag carlson's .660 choke, fiocchi golden turkey 2 3/8 ounces of 5's. Factory double bead. Tried red dots and fiber optics rifle sights but they break and hang up on brush to much for me.

No pic. 835 Mossberg with thumbhole stock and camo finish. Standard open sights. I change chokes from turkey to Carlson's Dead Coyote and loads from 3.5" Fiocchi #6's to Dead Coyote 3.5" T's and hunt with this gun nearly year round.

No pic, but I shoot a Beretta 686 o/u with a Ballistic .660 choke and Winchester Supreme #6 shot and I've killed many turkeys with it and two at 40 yards. Patterns better than any other shotgun I've used over the years.

Back