Your best caller for Turkey!!!!!!!

oiler

Just wondering what everyone's best caller is for turkey that they like to use,just a bit of conversation guys.I like the slate call and the snuff tube.But prefer the slate all the way.Just can't seem to get the mouth call to sound decent.Wish i was good at it,so much less movement.Just have to keep practicing,Oiler Billy.

I like them all. I have found myself having a lot of luck with my Primos Jackpot glass slate call. I like that sucker a lot. It is high pitched, and it elicits gobbles very well.

I use mouth calls, but only resort to them when a turkey is coming in and getting close.

Bake

Gotta be my Ninthinning custom Copper over Snakewood; /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Turky2.jpg

Sounds so good I have to stop myself from shooting it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Dave

im still a rookie but went out on opening day and called in 3 sets of birds in 4 hours with my FOXPRO SCORPION and also taken my gobbler with it

My box call (which I hold near and dear to heart) is a cedar/purple heart from Jerry "Dad" White of DAD's Custom Calls. My favorite pot/peg style is from Supreme Calls and it is sweet indeed. My diaphrams are from Hooks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

i use woodhaven custom calls almost exlcusively.. namely there mounth calls. the WH red wasp has been the last sound quite a few south alabama and ga gobblers have heard.. i just got a primos black diamond last week i really like it to!

Last edited:
I've been using a beautiful Canarywood tube call made by Wendell Rye (Lightoutcustomcalls) that sounds very good, makes some of the best yelps I've heard.

I like slate calls but they dont beat the box call. I have a lynch world champion call. First time I used it called in a jake that my brother shot.

Back