3 Birds in 1 1/2 hours!

T DOG

It started saturday morning with two buddys and me sitting in a blind listening to the toms.After about 45 minutes they seemed like they were not going to come our way.So we eased out of the blind and slipped about 100 yds. behind the blind and set up.After a short 5 min. they come strutting and gobbling through the bottom in front of us.Two twelve gauges put a end to that.Both of my buddys had scored.Both birds had 1 1/8 spurs,one had a 10 1/2 inch beard the other was 11.After all the celebrating we headed back to the blind to get the rest of our gear.While we were getting our stuff we heard some birds in the direction we had to walk out.We started that direction and after a couple hundred yards we hit the call and they sounded off right over the hill less than 100 yards.We scattered for cover and my buddy gave a few soft yelps on his mouth call and here they come.There were three long beards so I picked out the strutter and let him have it.My bird had a 10 1/2 beard and 1 1/4 spurs.We were back at the truck at 8:12.Then after cleaning birds we went to the catawba river and caught between 200 to 250 white bass.This was the ultimate outdoorsman's saturday.But I'm paying for it today,my shoulders and arms are killing me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Turkeys08002-1.jpg

Back