How much cord?

woody

I have very limited knowledge when it comes to electronics (I change light bulbs and batterys LOL). Was wondering how much cord I could add to my speaker without affecting the volumn (spelling). I only have a 20 foot cord, and would like to get it at least 50 feet away from me. Thanks

------------------

Bill

shotgun: I have an old Burnam Bros. caller that uses 45rpm records that I want to use. Thanks for any help you might be able to give me.

------------------

Bill

Woddy:

I've got the JS 512. It comes with 25 ft. of cord, I added thier 50 ft cord and the sound quality and volume showed no compromise.

------------------
LastShot

JS recommends no more than the additional 50 feet, for a total of 75 feet. I used that for years. Worked fine.

------------------
Critr
www.SaguaroSafaris.com
fea064de.jpg.orig.jpg

http://www.predatormasters.com/

Thanks for the replys. Guess I will try splicing a 50 foot cord to the 20, and see how it works. I can always just use the 50 foot.

------------------

Bill

Did I read somewhere that one of the (digital) callers is capable of using 300' of wire? Put that on a Home Depot 8.00 reel and get downwind without the worry of a possible remote failure. Or not?

thanks for your time

Bill
No additional cord is needed, just walk out to where you want the speaker, and set the whole damned mess on the ground with a little brush to cover it up. Set your volumn where you want it, and let it go. To many fellas think you need to fiddle with vol, turn on and off etc....this is not needed, just let it wail and the coyotes will come.
Vic

Mr. Carlson: Thank you for you reply. I know that I am older than you, but I got your video months ago, and anyone that shoots as good as you, I will call Sir or Mr.LOL

------------------

Bill

Yeah, Vic, but that only works for smart guys like you. Dumb ones like me set the caller out there 50 yards, watch carefully for coyotes until the tape runs out, then realize that there are 12,000 sage bushies out there that all look EXACTLY like the one where I left the caller.
rolleyes.gif
Hey, it turned out ok. I did find my caller. Eventually.

So now I tie a feather to the bush where I set the caller. Maybe it works as a decoy and maybe it doesn't, but it can be real comforting when the last dying rabbit squawk has faded to silence.

For what its worth. I started out with 2 cheap $15.00 Radio shack amplified speakers and 2--20 sections of wire on a 10watt boom box. That was a couple of months ago. Last weekend I added 100' of 22 guage stranded alarm wire and went to a cheap sony hannd held cassette player. Nothing changed. Well except that it stormed like a big dog while I was trying it out. Go figger! Maybe the amplified speakers make a difference. Radio Shack had a bigger set on close out for 9.99 but I don't want the extra bulk. The amplified carry their own power supply--(C) size batteries.

Thanks for your time,
Ken

Back