I GOT IT!!! I GOT IT!!!

Silverfox

The Foxpro call finally came in on the big brown truck this morning!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
It only took 11 weeks and 1 day to get the call--but who's counting.

This call is even smaller than I imagined. I thought it was about the size of my 6-volt hand-held lantern, but it is even smaller than that! I charged up the batteries and played all of the 16 sounds. They do sound pretty good. There seems to be plenty of volume. The Rabbit Duet sounds kind of cheesy, but then I'm not a coyote or a fox, so it may work just fine!

Now, there are some of you on this board who have made carriers for the remote antennae that sits on the remote and another carrier for the antennae that sits on the caller. Please post some pictures and list the parts you used to build these items.

My Foxpro and I are heading up 85 miles NE of here to try to call in and bag some coyotes that are bothering a couple rancher's cows during calving time. I need to gather up something to carry the caller in and something to carry the antennaes in. Give me some help here guys!!! Thanks!

Got mine too.... It is awesome. Thanks again James and Duane for delivering. Hopefully John at Fox Pro will hire some help so someelse doesn't put him out of buisiness.

All I know, is that I would definately wait 11 weeks all over again. The call sounds great.

What are you talking about making carriers for the antenna and caller?? I can carry the thing in my coat pocket.....?? Am I missing something or what....

Gonna hunt in the am. Will post with any results.... r.

CoyoteUgly--That antennae that fits onto the caller body, as you probably noticed, is just a long piece of stiff, thin wire. It could get bent rather easily. I purchased a piece of PVC pipe with a 7/8" OD and 11/16 ID, about one foot long. I put foam rubber in one cap and glued that cap on one end. I placed foam rubber in another cap that fits the end with the black arrows pointing to it. That cap just sits on and stays there by friction. I place both antennaes in this tube.

I used the case for a small MagLite flashlight to put my remote control in. The tube, the MagLite case, and the Foxpro all go into a small butt pack for now. I'll rig up something better when I get time.

I'll use an old white ski mask to camo the caller tomorrow. There's still snow where I'll be tomorrow morning. I still have to figure out some way to get the caller up off the ground a couple of feet when there are no trees or bushes to hang it on. I may take my camera tripod along tomorrow to see how that works. Later, I'll build some type of a light weight tripod for exclusive use with the Foxpro.

View

[This message has been edited by Silverfox (edited 03-14-2001).]

we want a complete field report silverfox, to me some of the sounds did sound cheesy but when I was about 10 yards or so away it sounded fine

Back