Any paintballers out there???

getfoxy

Im thinking about getting into paintball as something to do this summer. I have played once or twice using a tippmann 98. This had been about 4 years ago. I remeber nothing about it. Im not interested in tournament paintball, just in the woods with a couple of buddys. With that said I dont want a gun just to beat and bang with, I want something thats going to be reliable, and accurate. WHat do you suggest? The gun dosent have to be as quick as a gun in speedball but I would like some speed behind it. Im not gonna give you my price range yet. I just wanna see what you guys suggested. I was thinkin about goin with the tippmann 98custom because of all of the upgrades and accsessories.

ANy help is much appreciated.

I played a bunch last year but I havent hardly played at all this year.I have a Tippman A-5 and I have really enjoyed it.My brother has a Tippman 98 and it is a pretty good gun but the A-5 shoots faster.If your wanting a gun to play speedball with I would suggest an ION,Impulse,or an Autococker but the Spyders are good guns also.My brother also has an ION and an Autococker and I would say the ION is my favorite of the two.I dont like getting shot with it though cause the last time I got shot with it was from about 5 feet away right in the back and not only did I get hit once but I got hit about 10 times before I could call myself out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gifSo if your wanting a gun to play with in the woods and not worry about getting it scratched up I would go with the A-5 cause you can get a flatline barrel for it and a response trigger or an E-Grip to make it shoot alot faster.If your wanting a shiny gun that will shoot almost too fast then I would go with an ION. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

tippmanns are the way to go if you want it to never fail
you can bash it off a tree, pack it in mud, wipe it down and it will run great
all in all their a great beginner gun
i would stay away from ions or smatr part guns just because they are so darn hard to maintain
i dont know how much your willing to spend but spyder pilots are half decent
if you can save up a few more dollars and you want a faster gun a pm5 or the like are runnin like $350 now

if you want to save paint and still win a lot pumps are the way to go out of them i would reccomend a phantom pump
they are extremly accurate and you can put sights on them
they are goin for lik1 200 new

once you start you will be addicted(trust me)

hope this helped

It's been awhile since I was into it but it was a blast. I'll also vote for the Tippman 98, it's been around for a long time and has a great reputation for accuracy. The Spider guns are also popular but if you move to a higher altitude they won't work, something about the gas valves being different. What ever you choose make sure you can find parts for it, my gun blew an o-ring and I could never find one that fit right (even from the dealer) and it was a $120 gun.

Im looking at the tippmann 98 custom, and Im looking at the oe that somes with the sniper package that has the stock, barrel, sights, etc. for like 250$.

Quck question If i decide to run off of compressed air instead of co2, could I possible fill that up with one of thise big stand up air compressors on wheels?

You can get a Flat line barrel for a 98 and you can get a response trigger for it as well. My oldest son has a A5 that is all tricked out for woods ball and a tricked out Spyder for field play. I shot a 98 Custom for woods ball and a Bob Long for field play. But for the price I don't think you can go wrong with either the A5 or the 98 just depends on what you want to spend.

If you can get your hands on an scuba tank that's the way to go to shot air. Around here its about 8.00 to get the scuba tank filled and you can refill your air tank several times with it depending on what size it is. All you need is the little adapter piece.

I played on a semi-pro team here in Texas that whent by the name of "Damage Inc." and if I was just going to buy a "Marker" for shooting my buddies in the woods, I would look no further than the A-5. With the A-5 you get reliability,decent speed,accuracy,and durability. Would a tournament level player use one? Probably not, but you said you weren't going to be playing in tournaments anyway. Not sure if they still make a flatline barrel for the A-5 anymore but if they do, buy it and it will increase your range and accuracy.

Chupa

BTW: When I was playing, Dark Angels and Timmeys were the Schiznit.

Chupa, did you play in any Oklahoma, North Texas or National tourneys that I have maybe seen or played against you? Of course this was in 2001-2003 time frame. Joel

I only played in North Texas, but the team made it out to Vegas for one of the bigger tournaments(I forget the name of it now) and 2001-2003 sounds about right. All the other guys are or were playing professionally now and we practiced with "Addicted" and the "Russian Legion" a lot. It was neat watching the "Legion" utilize those long a$$ barrels the way they did.

Chupa

Back