Cows shot from Highway

Yup,criminals out doing what criminals do best.If your pro-gun/pro-hunting organizations don't jump all over this,shame on them and shame on you.

They caught them. Acording to a short article in today's Billings paper there were three of them and in addition to the cow shooting they're also suspects in several home and business robberies. Caught them with most of the stolen property, electronics and such (some had already been sold).

I'm glad they caught them. The Burch family are good people and it's a shame something like this happened to them. Those criminals should consider themselves lucky that the cops found them before Matt did.

Yes the "burch boys" have been known to be somewhat of a rough and tumble group. I would have to say these guys wont be getting out of jail any time soon.

Has any one sent an email to this fool? Do you know what the editor’s email is? I am sending an email to him but he should lose his job for this anti hunting rhetoric and attitude.

I loked for an e-mail address and couldnt find one. I have a friend at the newspaper I am trying to get ahold of to challenge them to print a retraction before I write my letter to the editor. I hope they will correct there own mistake but I am not holding my breath.

Don't hold your breath for a retraction, or firing by the newspaper....They are all liberals & obviously use ANY excuse they can find to chip away at guns, shooting, hunting, freedom, & to promote their own agenda. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

They will probably promote the reporter & editor for "creative journalism"... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

How could anyone with half a brain confuse a cow with anything in the field? Maybe a riccochet hits a cow? well ok, but you are stupid for shooting the direction of the cows in general. Accidental cow shootings are just plain stupid is as stupid does.
The article shows absolutely no journalism skills, but I guess the media doesn't have to be accountable anymore. I would be embarrassed if I had anything to do with that article. What a lack of professionalism.

KH

I encourage everyone to call or write letters to this editor. I have received a reply from the reporter and he is not going to print a retraction but he says go ahead and write a letter to the editor. The more we can send the more they should take us serious.

email sent!

I dont think a clarification, or apology in the paper is too much for them to do. It was obviously bad reporting from the beginning.

Back