SOLD! Palm Style Bird & Trout Knife

rainshadow1

Custom Call Maker
Palm fitted style,
Full tang,
High end ATS34 Stainless (satin finished),
Blade hand made by Gene Martin of Provision Forge in Williams Oregon,
Gripped with Asian Water Buffalo Horn / Carbon Spacers / and Silver Nickel pins, Mosaic Lanyard Tube.

6 1/2" overall, 3 1/4" blade.

This is a sweet knife! It will come with a heavy leather sheath, yet to be built.

pics...

DSC03148.jpg

DSC03149.jpg

DSC03153.jpg

DSC03154.jpg

DSC03156.jpg

DSC03155.jpg

DSC03157.jpg

DSC03158.jpg

DSC03159.jpg

SOLD

Thanks Guys! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

I can't stand it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif I wish now that I was born with money instead of these good looks. Being gorgeous only gets you so far in this life.

Oh, Beautiful knife! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Thanks guys, this knife is one of those that just make you happy all over to hold and handle it! It's a true one of a kind, a whimsical freehand shape by my man Gene.

On a side note.... Eric, This isn't one of the set...

DSC03163.jpg

It didn't shape out like I wanted. I like it, it's really nice, The structure and lay out is almost what I have in mind, but the final shape isn't what I was thinking, so I won't be copying it for the other 3. Just wanted you to know I'm "In Progress" here!

Seeeeee, I'm still a call builder! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

That is is very nice knife ,was wondering do you make your own blades or buy them. I really like bird and trout knife deseigns .I think that style is a good every day knife. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

This is handmade by my favorite Oregon Bladesmith, I buy much of my stuff from him. So far I've bought all my steel. Check my knife page for details.

I'm just in the process of setting up to build some of my own steel. I built a 2x36-42 belt grinder. (Very handy, very versitile, with 3 changable detail rollers 1", 1 1/2", and 2".) And I've almost got my 2x72 built. (It's gonna be awesome, 3 interchangable drive/contact wheels, 220v, 2hp, 14amp continuous duty, 3 rollers, and I'll be building several interchangable platens.) I'll be sending my finished steel to Gene for tempering and deep cryo treating. He does awesome work.

This was a true one of a kind, I love how it handles, super handy, complete freeform design.

I have made some knives of my own knives on a small scale but once you start grinding the steal your in for life .sounds like you have some great equipment worked out can't wait to see more.

wow that thing is pure class, i really like the size and shape of that one. It could be used for anything from field dressing a deer or elk to skinning a fox great job /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif
What would a knife similar to that one cost a guy? i missed when the price was posted /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

jtld, this one was $210. One of a kind. I'm planning to buy a few more high grade stainless blades from Gene soon, I can see if he has any more freeforms, especially the general purpose idea.

Back