CHECKING ON OLD TURTLE

No news is good news, I hope. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Bill told me that he was going to be "out of commission" for at least 2 days after the surgery, then recovering in the hospital for a couple of weeks. I don't expect to hear from him until at least Saturday....maybe longer depending upon the availability of internet service or access to a computer. And the fact is...he's going to be WAY sore and probably on some pretty strong pain relievers. He might be fine but unable to do anything but sleep.

I'm just like the rest of you guys. I wish there was a way we could find out that he's OK and everything went according to plan. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Glen, you are right, when there is nothing you can do, you can always Pray! I pray that our collective prayers will see our friend through.

I hope the best for him, he's always been a good member and helpful to others.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

You know I have only been on this sight a few months and really do enjoy it by the way, so anyway Old Turtle is one of the few that I feel like I should know him although we never met! Hope he is up and running shortly!!

Any news yet guys??

Ive been at a camporee for a few days and thoughts often came about of him.

Hopeing all is doing right!

Good news Guys!

Just got off the phone to Bill and he is doing very well! Vickie had just brought him a glass of cranberry juice and he seemed very happy and looking forward to finally drinking something without all the tubes. I wish I'd thought of this before but I should have suggested prune juice instead! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bill is in good spirits and is tough as nails anyway so I have faith he will do alright. He can't talk very easily due to the spots from the breathing tubes that just came out. The operation seemed to go as planned and he hopes to be moving into another room later today. He said the doctors and nurses are treating him very well and that they quit counting at over 70 staples! They really had to open him up so he's cut from one side all the way to the other and then some. He's definitely sore and feeling this but he's been through it before so he knew going in what to expect.

He's in St.louis at Barnes Hospital. I don't have a room number yet since he was being moved. I'll try to keep this updated. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Bill asked me to let you all know he misses talking to his friends at PM! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Keep the prayers coming and know that Bill is still very much with us... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Hey Glenn!

I'll be getting a new room number later tonight... I'll try to post an address, too.

Hope all is getting better with your family as well!

Keep the prayers coming guys and gals! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Nikonut

Tom, thanks for the update! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

That's the news I've been waiting to hear!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Just more proof that prayers find their way to the Father and he DOES listen to us. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif

WONDERFUL NEWS!!! I have been on pins and needles waiting for a report as to his condition. God is faithful to answer our prayers for those in need.

Thanks for the update Tom. And thanks for caring enough to do what you do. Not enough of your type on this sphere. Haven't met Bill but tell him that another stranger is praying for him. Take care and hope to see you again at the picnic. Dave

Back