A Very Special Project!

cbosshog79

I was asked by a friend to "rehab" an old knife owned by his grandfather. I neglected to take before photos but generally speaking the knife was in fairly bad shape, rusted and pitted badly. The knife had a long upswept blade and a generally tang and was most likely some sort of kitchen knife as it was made by Ed Wusthof of Solingen Germany. The story I got is that it was brought over by Corey's great grandparents when they came over from Germany. I was given some lattitude in getting the knife back in working order as long as I didn't disturb the stamping on the blade with the makers information.

In the finished product I altered the blade shape a little and added a little "shape" to the handle. The handle material is polished camel bone, and I went with a antique look on the sheath because of the nature of the project. While this isn't the sexiest knife on the planet I think it came out pretty good and I was excited to be able to put this old knife back in use for the original owner's grandson.

CHK1.JPG

CHK2.JPG

CHK3.JPG

It looks awesome Cody!!

Thank you so much for taking on this project for me.

I will put that knife to work this coming fall.

Thanks again.

Corey

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif Cboss, that looks great!! I love the color of the sheath, and it looks like you did a fine job refurbishing the knife! Good job my man!
Trashcan
DCC

I appreciate the comments fellows. Like I said before this isn't the flashiest knife in the world but it came together to a point that the owner will be able to appreciate a piece of his history for many years to come. I honored to be asked to do this and hope Corey is happy with the finished product.

Back