What kind of chaw you guys dip???

I had an uncle give me a pinch of Skoal when I was about 7 years old. Made me sicker than a horse and probably went a long ways towards turning me away from a habit.

In my younger days there was a time when I really enjoyed a rare bite off a plug of Days Work. I had to be outside though, I turned in to a drooling and spitting machine.

No sermons here, just trying to pass on some positive info - I ended a 32 year long heavy smoking habit a few years ago by undergoing auricular therapy - the electric shock to the ear thing. Worked like a charm, supposed to work just as well for chew.

If anyone is interested PM me and I'll elaborate on my experiences.

Last edited:
Copenhagen snuff! Nothing else is worth a crap unless you want to change it out every 15 min. NONYA, I feel your pain, you got to let some of it go or it will eat you up. I have seen more death than I would have liked to. Lost my dad at 12. Everyday is a gift!

DD

i am trying to quit copenhagen snuff, that is the first step, i now dip copenhagen long cut if there isent any redseal natural flavor fine cut. and when i dont have ether i dip whatever the person around me is deeping

I have one chaw of Redman with a stick of gum everyday. Usually when driving home from work. A bag will go for three plugs(big plugs). Bad part is, at $5-$6 a bag every three days, its getting kind of expensive. Almost 2 dollars a chew!

I am not physically addicted, just a habit(bad) of having it helps me relax. I've been thinking about quitting for the last couple years, but its the only bad habit I have(just ask my wife). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Good luck, -Ron

It just could be in large part genes that determine who gets cancer. I have known several very old men that always had a mouth full.
1. My dentist can't believe how my teeth are in such good shape for being 65.
2. I have never had intestinal parasites(worms), just swallow a little along.
3. Spit some on a hog's nose once. Was under my treestand. Didn't faze him, kept right on rooting. That was in cattle country though and the non chewers/dippers said that the hog just thought it was cow flop. Could just be a good cover sent!
Like Stokers L-50 @ $4.50/ 8oz. from the Creek Indians.

Also could save a little if cow flop taste that good. If any of youall have tried it let us know how it was.

Quote:
I am not physically addicted, just a habit(bad)

Just for my own sake what is the difference between an addiction and a habit?

With addiction, you would have some kind of physical withdrawl, headache, shakes, something along those lines. A habit is totally mental. Weather its a good or bad habit, you would suffer no physical reaction.

I am not saying this is the dictionary definition, just how it works in my mind.

-Ron

So stop and tell us the consequences.

Waiting to hear how easy it was. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Jack

Last edited:
Copenhagen snuff is there any other? i have been dipping since I was 14 now 28 have quit several times only to be out hunting and have a buddy offer me some. Just the smell was enough for me to take him up on his offer. I dip while I hunt and have had deer and hogs walk within 15-20 yds. and not known any diffent.

Back