What kind of chaw you guys dip???

I_AM_LEGEND

I prefer my Grizzly Wintergreen but won't pass up a fat Ko-bear dip... Seems like I Kodiak tears my lip up a lil more tho, I think they put lil pieces of fiber-glass in it to slightly cut your lip up so you get more nicotine.. I could be wrong tho... And how do you put it in, are you a lip puller or do you just shove it in with one hand... I'm personally a shove it in type guy, you don't wanna be one of them lip pullers!! LOL And do you dip while huntin or do you think that could give you away??

Last edited:
Personally when I need one still I use Smokey Mountain non-tabacco chew since I quit the real thing last year. Not to get on a soap box but it is a good habit to quit. After using for well over 20 years it was time to go and trust me when I say that it does not get any easier to quit as time passes by.

My Dad died of tobacco induced cancer. My sister coughed and hacked for the last 10 years. Last month the doctors told her she has lung cancer. They said if she quits she can live another 12-18 months. Her reply? "Since I'm gonna' die anyway, why bother?" Won't quit, not even for another year and a half to live. Weak-willed people.
Users must be just a little suicidal.

I never developed a liking for the stuff, after I dang near choked on the 1st try.
And I quit smoking "cold-turkey", in 1988, after 10 years of smoking cigarettes, cigars & pipes.

Since then, it's been nothing but shredded jerky between my cheek & gum.

I have cut down to 1 dip per day. I have a small pinch of Skoal long cut wintergreen or mint between 10:00am and 11:30am. A can will last me almost a month. Nasty habit but I also have 1 cigarette per day and that doesn't make any sense eiter. Trashcan is a little different...go figure.
Trashcan
DCC

It’s very rare that I chew anymore but when I do my choice is Levi Garrett.
I never have a problem quitting. I’ve done it a million times. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Back when i smoked and chewed, it was Kodiak or Redman select. Lancaster select was always good too. I gave up all tobacco products as a promise to my kids back in 2000 when I was awarded custody of them. Best thing I ever did for them and myself but I sure dont look down on others for their choices.

If you are too weak minded to quit tobacco dont whine when they tell you that your going to die a horrible,drawn out death and spend you last days as an invalid in a hospital bed,I watched it happen to my father and it all could have been avoided by dropping one nasty,expensive habit,I have no pity for smokers/chew uses who cry about getting cancer,you know [beeep] well its going to happen,if you dont care enough about those who love you to quit you are one self centered sob.

Quote:
If you are too weak minded to quit tobacco dont whine when they tell you that your going to die a horrible,drawn out death and spend you last days as an invalid in a hospital bed,I watched it happen to my father and it all could have been avoided by dropping one nasty,expensive habit,I have no pity for smokers/chew uses who cry about getting cancer,you know [beeep] well its going to happen,if you dont care enough about those who love you to quit you are one self centered sob.

That speech would sure motivate me to quit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I thought the poster asked what kind you use if you chew, not if he should quit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I used to smoke and chew. Cope or Days work. I don't now. I quit, and my mind is much stronger now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif I found early on that a weak mind and a big mouth can get a feller in trouble. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

If you need motivation look at the faces of your loved ones and think about how they will feeel watching you shrivel up as the chemo treatments kill you,if thats not motivation enough you have problems.

Quote:
Quote:
I found early on that a weak mind and a big mouth can get a feller in trouble. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I quit smoking in 01 after 10 or 12 years of 1 pack up to 2and half a day and I feal great but i don't harass the guy 's I work with or hunt to quit everone has there own way mine is not judge or push and till this day I still have the hankering for a smoke every now and again ,. but I just drink instead .

Quote:
If you need motivation look at the faces of your loved ones and think about how they will feeel watching you shrivel up as the chemo treatments kill you,if thats not motivation enough you have problems.

I take it you've never had the addiction of nicotine? I say that because this type of babble usually comes from those who haven't had to deal with it. If you have then well, I don't know what to say. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

To the original poster, it was Copenhagen for 18 years at 5 cans a week. I finally went to cessation classes and have been nicotine free for 13 months now.

Quote:

Read my post again. nevermind I'll give you the short version. I Quit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cope long cut. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

And do you dip while huntin or do you think that could give you away??

I wouldn't think so, unless you are one to spit all of the time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

P.S. Trying to quit. I'm 32 and have been doing it for 17 years. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Back