I'M..in..

Dave Allen

the 17 remington club that is..i came across this little remmy 700 today on the used gun rack @ cabela's in boise..
DSCN2289.jpg

Dave,,,,,,,,That's the picture I was talking about. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif
I should have checked the forum before I answered my pm's.

That's a beauty!!!!

Welcome to the club, and my condolences to your wallet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

"yeah"..i feel very lucky..finding a used 17-remmy..is hit & miss @ best..now i just have to re-tool some thing's from the reloading aspect.."oh" my slush fund is now dry..it's a good thing i picked up some "sierra nevada pale ale..last night..it look's like i'm "gonna" be drinking "keystone" for awhile /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Just wait till you have to use tweezers to feed each kernel of powder down that little bitty neck.

Oh oh oh and you will pinch your fingers trying to hold a bullet to get it seated.

and and and if a squirrel farts between you and the target it will blow the bullet off by 4 MOA

And oh they are terrible coyote killers, you really need to have a back up gun to kill the coyote as it is running away after the bullet splashes.

Jeepers Dave, for a minute I thought that you were going to announce that you had found a new Stevens 200 for your collection. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Dave

Nice looking new toy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif. Will be waiting on range results. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Tony

Quote:
Jeepers Dave, for a minute I thought that you were going to announce that you had found a new Stevens 200 for your collection. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Dave

Ok Dave I do not want to add fuel to the fire....... J/K yes I do that is funny. I had to rub it in a little bit my friend.

Oh and by the way enjoy the new gun. I thought pretty hard about getting a .17 Rem if I could find one for the right price. But I wondered how she will do on the yotes a little bit. My thought of getting one was for bobcats and small varmin. For me at least the .204 would be a little better than the .17 for yotes. Great purchase though and would like to see the range results myself.

Last edited:
Quote:
it look's like i'm "gonna" be drinking "keystone" for awhile /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Well if you got time I could always whip you up 5 gallons of the home brew. You'll just have to live on the Keystone Ice for about a month. Oh and by the way, throw the empties out in front of RePetes house. I think he likes seeing those 'stone cans on the ground. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Quote:
Quote:

Dave

I thought pretty hard about getting a .17 Rem if I could find one for the right price.

"yeah" that's the tricky part..

by the "tricky" part..i mean how do you price shop for something that's discontinued ?? one might think it would be less expensive.."NOT"..it can & will go the other way..IMHO..the right price doesn't matter..it's what you want..within reason..& what fit's one's need's.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Quote:
Quote:
it look's like i'm "gonna" be drinking "keystone" for awhile /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Well if you got time I could always whip you up 5 gallons of the home brew. You'll just have to live on the Keystone Ice for about a month. Oh and by the way, throw the empties out in front of RePetes house. I think he likes seeing those 'stone cans on the ground. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I told ya,,,,,,,,"I like seeing Coors or Bud cans along the roadways".. It's an indicator that wheat and lumber prices are up. Keystone cans show the economy's in bad shape. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Seems to be pick on RePete day,,,,,,2MG just fired a shot across my bow on another thread. Tough Crowd!!! Good thing I have thick skin. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif

RePete..i'm "gonna" be nice to ya..or should i say i need to be nice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gifbecause i'll need your help on 17 remmy..trick's.."o"..the trade advice..

Back