Colorado Wildlife Commission to ban Varmint hunting

BBQ is a good Idea. We should have Prairie Dog Hind quarters and backs. I asked my Grandmother if she had ever ate any. The answer was a silly smile and the reply " The young ones are tender and taste a lot like Rabbit" . She Is 94 and grew up in SW colorado. I then asked the most obvious question. If I cleaned some would you Fix them? The answer was the same silly Smile and no other response.
Maybe we should push for making them a game animal.

Lets hope Tom changed his "casual attire" from his younger years...

gman2vw5.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Quote:
Lets hope Tom changed his "casual attire" from his younger years...

gman2vw5.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Might not be a bad idea. I sure think the meeting room would empty out quickly.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Quote:
I was serious about the "campout".

That's a great suggestion. We need to start another thread (Clubhouse Forum?) and start making some plans.

I have a few ideas. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Quote:
We should have (BBQ) Prairie Dog Hind quarters and backs.

Remember when the Survivor cast on the island of Pulau Tiga off the coast of Borneo, dined on BBQ rat?
Or what about the rat eating episode on Fear Factor, back in ’05? Pdog eating would only be “slightly” worse,
wouldn’t it? But I honestly believe that cleaning the little rodents would be far more dangerous than eating them.
Potential exposure to Bubonic Plague carrying fleas poses a much more serious threat.

I might try a "taste", if it were heavily saturated in Stubb's BBQ Sauce. But I know I could never make a meal out of them. (Except, maybe to win a $50,000 prize) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

This was in the NRA-ILA email today under "states: Colorado":

Hunting Ban Being Discussed in Colorado!

Friday, April 25, 2008

Please Make Plans to Attend This Important Meeting!

The Colorado Wildlife Commission will meet to discuss a complete ban on prairie dog hunting in the state of Colorado April 30-May 1. While radical anti-hunting/animal rights groups are targeting prairie dog hunting as cruel, it is a traditional sporting activity and necessary management tool, especially for ranching interests in the state. The Colorado Wildlife Commission will be meeting at the Holiday Inn located at 755 Horizon Drive in Grand Junction. Public comments will be heard on May 1 throughout the day.

Please make plans to attend these meetings and voice your support of all hunting in Colorado.

It is critical that sportsmen show that the radical anti-hunting lobby is in the minority by significantly out numbering them at the meeting. If you are unable to attend, please call the Colorado Wildlife Commission at (303) 297-1192 and inform them that you are strongly opposed to any attempt to ban prairie dog hunting in Colorado.

Quote:
Quote:

That's a great suggestion. We need to start another thread (Clubhouse Forum?) and start making some plans.

Sounds good to me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif Lets get one started.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Sounds good to me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif Lets get one started.

I'll be happy to take the lead since I proposed the idea; however, let's let it rest for a few days, if you get my drift.

"The eyes of XXXX are upon us!

If you have any ideas, hold on to them. We'll be ready in a few days.

OK all you Colorado PD hunters, we need you in Grand Junction! So far the confirmed headcount looks dismal. We can't do this alone, we NEED your help!

The question becomes, plain and simple, do you want to be able to hunt PD's next year or not? How important is it to you?

Hell, as prizes I've offered booze, ammo and NASA has offered to wear his leather thong. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Please join us!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif

Quote:
and NASA has offered to wear his leather thong.

It's not really a thong, per se. Uncle Mike calls it a shoulder holster. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Oops! Good luck tomorrow then!

I had not noticed new materials posted on the meeting agenda--linked on page 1 of this thread.

The AG memo kicks arse as do the staff recommendations. I especially liked that the staff memo author refers to the other side's petition author as "the law student."

I read their petition next and, he's right, after the AG's analysis you can tell a 2L (2d year law student) probably wrote that piece of junk for them. (Also, wonder why YOUR tax money went to the law school that then comes at you? I'd call my legislator and COMPLAIN).

The biologist is clearly on our side but he points out the reality that it looks real bad to the general public and it is a huge p/r problem when the ARA's show video with vaporizing PD's and guys whooping at kills. He said EVERY commission member, to a man, expressed concern over that.

The science and the law are clearly on our side. The folks who have circulated videos like this have created this problem. Given their right to make these materials, I'm not sure how the commission can stop the DVDs w/o placing restrictions on the hunting.

Quote:
See u there in the A.M. Leaving about 0400 figuring 5 hrs. drive time, then back and work tomorrow PM. Whooee, can't wait.

OUCH!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

I can't make it today, my boy came down with a cold and we can't take him to the sitters sick.

FWIW I voice my opinion via email and also @ the last local meeting 4/23 here in Gunnison.

As did a lot of local ranchers. They are also plan a lawsuit if the wildlife commission sides with the stick fairy's. They say that they can't tell them what they can and can't do on their private property.

Last edited:
Back