Colorado Wildlife Commission to ban Varmint hunting

Speaking of the online petition, its getting a long list of names already....

Best comment so far is this one, I dont know who put it up there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Quote:
Distorted junk science and hysterical emotionalism should never be the foundation for wildlife management.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Still waiting for the trolls over there though.

Petition signed and sent to everyone I know. For all of you non-coloradan predator masters members, this effects you as much as us. Speak up anyway, cuz you are next. We are all in the fight together and the quiet ones have no right to complain when rights are lost. Thanks to who are giving so much time and effort into this.

PM staff, moderators, whomever......we're 9 pages into this thread and it's now pretty much lost in the shuffle. Is it to much to ask to get this pinned to the top until May 1st /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif. I'm pretty disappointed in the lack of interest, participation and unwillingness to help from the PM management. Shame on ya /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif.

doggin coyotes

I understand your concern and have wondered the same. Redfrog explained their position a couple of pages back in a late and somewhat token response.(IMO)

Just remember, they are not the enemy here. No point in wasting your energies in that direction. This forum has been the catalyst to unite us all, even if their is no obvious participation from the staff.

Last edited:
For any of you that may be incorrectly thinking we are up against a bunch of dope smoking forest fairies, I encourage you to go to this website:

http://www.fguardians.org/

They are well funded, have a large full-time staff and push these types of issues throughout the Southwest.

None of us can afford to sit back and let the "other guy" carry the flag. Please get involved!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif

Signed the petition on line and also wrote the NRA Hunters Rights and they replied that they're already on it, so that's good too. The more the better.

This excerpt comes straight from the "Guardian's" website:

Livestock production is by far the most widespread destructive activity on the arid and semi-arid western landscape. Forest Guardians is working to eliminate livestock grazing on public lands by enforcing federal environmental laws, challenging wasteful and ecologically harmful ranching subsidies, and educating the public about the real ecological costs of livestock production in the arid Southwest.

I wonder if our ranchers out here in the west know about this?

Maybe the plan is get rid of ranching and turn all the land back over to the prairie dogs. Gee, we could just turn back the hands of time.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Please note that these people were smart enough to NOT put a link to their petition prominently on the front page or tip their hand in any other way.

This is some serious business and is of interest to any hunter, or shooter for that matter.

Everyone needs to read the actual petition, they are hitting on the lead in the environment issue as well. That applies to anyone who pulls a trigger.

I think that we as individuals (at the least) need to keep this thread at the top of the page.
I don't log in much but you can bet that if I do and it's sinking off the top I'll post a "TTT" to get 'er back "To The Top."

This issue needs to be on the TIP of THE TOUNGUE for all of us, also. Pass the word.

NASA - working on getting a letter written by my brother in law (he is an excellent, common sense writer) regarding the impacts of pds on the farming community. I should hear back from him shortly..........

Anyone who hasn't received their copy of "Pdog Newsletter (Vol.2), or needs a copy of the email form letter, or wants a copy of the "counter-top signature petition", please PM me. I am running at full speed and still can't keep up. Work me to death, guys! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Quote:
NASA - working on getting a letter written by my brother in law (he is an excellent, common sense writer) regarding the impacts of pds on the farming community. I should hear back from him shortly..........

Hey SKB, PM me.

Here is an email I got today.

Dear Mr. Ellsworth: Thank you for your comments regarding the citizen proposed petition toban recreational shooting of prairie dogs. Your comments have beenforwarded to the Wildlife Commission as part of the public inputprocess. Katie J. KnollPublic InvolvementDivision of Wildlife

Quote:
Wow, I heard back from the NRA already. Doesn't look real promising but heck, they responded.

This is what they said.

Chad-- thanks for your message. We are aware of this issue, but I will forward your note to NRA-ILA in the hope they can get someone to this meeting or take some other action.

Thank you for letting us know about it.

NRA is a non-profit and can't get involved. NRA-ILA is their for profit Lobbying group. Different guidelines apply as I understand it.

Lets not sidetrack the comments on the efforts put together by the members here to fight the ban. It is my understanding the dues you pay go to being a member of NRA. This allows the ILA to have a number base to present during their legislative lobbying. When you receive the letters during the year for added donations that money is funnelled to the ILA.

The National Rifle Association has an additional advantage over all other groups in the debate. As a membership organization, the NRA can spend unlimited funds on communications to its 4 million members that identify pro-gun candidates. I get it. They can communicate but not influence. Sorry for the off track.

Back