Colorado Wildlife Commission to ban Varmint hunting

Quote:
Now if those are too much money, we got a few places on North Ave, old motels where ya gotta knock the [beeep] roaches off the pillows.

Are these the places you rent by the hour? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

OK guys, in the morning its roll call.

Just for tonight, skip Leno and Letterman, let's get those letters out!

If it's in the morning, skip the cartoons. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Let's count you as a participant, not just a spectator!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

There's a post in the Clubhouse Forum, but not many lookers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

That's the apathy I was talking about. As long as it's NIMBY people just don't give a sh**! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Quote:
Quote:
Now if those are too much money, we got a few places on North Ave, old motels where ya gotta knock the [beeep] roaches off the pillows.

Are these the places you rent by the hour? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nope by the night, The "by the hour" places are an up grade! These places make Motel 6 look like the Hyatt Regency. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

They just had a shooting at one of them a month or so ago. Room service...eeerrr drug deal gone bad I think.

OK, I've posted at seven other varmint related forums directing readers to come here.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif

Quote:
Nope by the night, The "by the hour" places are an up grade! These places make Motel 6 look like the Hyatt Regency.

OK, that decides it, Super 8 it is and I'll bunk with NASA. He always likes to cuddle with one of his AR's anyway, so in that I'll find comfort.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Everyone that has received a copy of the form letter, please don't stop there. Forward a copy to everyone you know and ask them to support you by signing the letter and emailing it to the Commissioners. This is a Campaign gentlemen! Let all of your hunting buddies know that this is a serious issue that we are trying to defeat, and that we need their support too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif

I do have a bit of constructive critisism about the letter I took out the second paragraph. I felt that it was out of place (in the letter) and the folks on the commision know about that part. No use to bring up the bad parts of their ammo. But more so give the positives of hunting them.
Just my thoughts....

No problem. The main point is to register opposition to the proposal. When we go before the Commission on May 1 & 2, we will have a lot more to say to them.

I have also emailed this to as many outside of the state friends as I could. We need to show that this doesn't effect only Colorado but to the hunters that come here from out of state to spend their dollars here.

Done. You're on the team.

Good news! I can't talk about it (yet) but our effort is being noticed. At the State level. That's all I can say right now. We are fighting the good fight and it's beginning to have positive results.

This just PROVES that a small grassroots group of predator hunters can make a difference if they just have the courage to stand up for their rights!

Come to Grand Junction with us and vote with your BODY. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

They all worked for me yesterday, so, I think it's working!! We're choking their mailbox with email. Don't give up! Try again tomorrow, or Mon, or Tues, until they all go through. This is great!

What would you think if Friday night we need to bombard the Gunny Bob show on KOA? I know he hasn't heard about it yet. He is an avid shooter and outdoorsman. He has open mic on Friday at 7. I will send him the petition if nothing else it would get others involved that don't know about it.Thoughts?

Brilliant!! If you can post the call-in number, time frame, etc. that would really help get the word out. Maybe he would sponsor our email form letter and send it to listeners that request it.

Why didn't I think of that? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

Heres Gunny's Website... with all the show information. He is on 850 AM KOA.

http://www.850koa.com/pages/gunnybob.html

I know Friday's are open Mic where the callers can talk about anything. I listen to him alot from 7-10 pm when I am reloading. Good guy... talks it straight and would back us 100%. I will send him the information but need others to do as well. This would show there is more intrest in this then just me(one person).
I will update on what I sent and how I went about it, as soon as it goes off to him.

Last edited:
I emailed Gunny at gunnybob@850koa.com and made him aware of this. I attached the petition and link to this site where he can get the jist of the whole deal without me having to write it all.
I encourage each and every one of you to email him. Just let him know... that we are serious about this. I have high hopes that he can help us in our campaign. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif

The call in number is 303 713 8585 his show is from 7-10 pm Friday on 850 KOA. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif
I will keep you posted if I hear anything from him. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Last edited:
Back