How many groundhogs for 2008?

WHAT DO YOU THINK GUYS? Think i can hit these varmints at 300 yards? lol

ccv
MVC-115S.jpg

Hoggin' was tough today! We only managed to scratch out two hogs and one bonus critter. Too cool and windy..........very few out of their holes.
F1

That's bad karma talking that way. We are gonna double our teritory and double our kill this year.

Blueridgeboy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Went out his afternoon and managed to tag three.The best shot was a head shot at 145yds when he was peeking out. I saw several more while driving around but just made a mental map of where they where at for a later date.

firstchucks3-23-08.jpg

Last edited:
I'm at 9 right now. I've shot them with four different calibers. I seem to be seeing a lot of pairs and got one double with the 25-06.

2nd to fall to the fireball today. saw 4 but only shot this 1. temps in the 60's today couldnt pass it up [image]
nmbj031.jpg
[/image]

you guys must be shooting a lot of males. mating season. i saw two groundhogs going at it today. the groundhog had a smile on his face.

High 50's on weds. 70 Thurs. combine that with my new upper and I just couldn't control myself.

Flyrod this is in your old stompin ground- good old Berryville.

Makes 4 so far.

3-25-08.jpg

3-25-081st.jpg

How's the cheek weld with that Ace stock compared to an A-2? My A-2 gives me a fit with my scope low like yours and I was thinking the Ace might make it easier. Nice looking AR by the way. I hope to get started Saturday afternoon.

I love the ace stock. It is by far more comfortable than the standard A2. I've only had it for about a month but I haven't had a problem with it. Not sure how low your scope is, but I am using the burris extreme tactical rings and they are 3/4" high. Just to give you an idea the scope is a nikon monarch 4-16x42SF, height is perfect for me.

TJ

Corey,
I've got one of the Ace stocks and like it a lot.

Two more hogs for me today, one @ 221 with the 204, and one @ 408 with the swift.......both in some howling wind!!!!
F1

Unfortunately, the wife got to rule for Saturday's plans, good news is there are 100 sized, trimmed and primed cases of which 50 are loaded with a certain V-max recipe ready for next weekend. Gophers beware.

We saw a few out this last weekend even though it was about 25 degrees and windy. We ended up with 7 but missed quite a few. We're a little rusty.

Back