Kentucky Coyote Morning

huntman54

Just want to let some of you know...you CAN do this. Ive hunted HARD for 3 weeks. I'm like an ole dog with a bone. I stuck with it and well.....today was payday. Hunting the East is truly a different type of hunting. Ive finally come to realize that you DON'T hunt em here the same as out west!!!
Also its my humble opinion, that when you take a dog in the East you have an accomplishment that is much greater and rewarding compared to others out west. No matter what.....DON'T QUIT !!!!

Last edited:
From what I've seen and read, you blow a call out west and they come a runnin... not so much the case out here in the east, you have to do your homework and put in work for a coyote... Obviously its probably not that easy out west, I don't want to discredit what they do but its obvious to me that coyote hunting east of the Mississippi is a hell of a lot harder than out west... Maybe it's that there are higher populations out west or that you can see them from way, way off and shots from hundreds and hundreds of yards out are the norm; but in the East, you rarely shoot over 200-250 yds and usually hunt in woods and thicker cover which allows them to sneak up on you and bust you before you can see them...

Back