Volume- Scorpion vs Mouth call

HCS

I have never heard an ecall in real life. No stores up in my area even sell them. I am interested in a scorpion, how loud is it compared to the volume I can get from a mouth blown call? How about volume if I add the sp55 speaker?

thanks, HCS

I find that mine is louder than my hand calls. Not by much but it is. It won't seem that it is when you set it out about 50 yds from you, but then again your hand calls will probaly sound just as low from that far to. I didn't think that mine was loud enough untill I called a coyote up over a hill from a deep ravine about 150 yds away at half volume.

Whether a mouth call or ecaller, I believe you really need to get out in front of the sound some distance, to really understand how loud something is. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

I would love to, could you please send me a scorpion to test from a variety of distances?

In the mean time, is the scorpion generally louder, softer, about the same?

I just need some sort of reference to understand the volume I could expect.

The onboard cone speaker will handle the biggest percentage of your calling needs. If you add the SP-55 speaker, you can fulfill any volume needs you run into.

That sums it up pretty well, Possumal.......

You won't be sorry with the Scorpion.. I bought the Sp55 for the same concerns and its only $50 more. Good luck

Last edited:
I don't know which would be louder having never hunted over one but I gotta believe you'll run out of air on a stand before any e-caller does. They both have their advantages & can compliment each other nicely.

Don't know if this helps or not but here it is. lol

HTH

Back