BSA scopes. Any opinions?

Yup, In general my experience with 3 of them is they Suck....Just my Opinion. I have no experience with the exact one your looking for but the other 3 (1 bought - 2 given to me)...ended up in the burnin barrel.

Maybe the one you are referring to is ok, but mine didn't have enough adjustment up/down and couldn't keep POI too well.

I have Leuopy's, Bushy's, Weavers, Redfields,Burris, and I like the Bushnell 3200 elites the best of all the scopes I have. I have the 5x15x40 AO on my .17 HMR and can see the bullet holes at 100 yards easily w/ my bad old eyes. Just my unadulterated opinion..means nothing to anyone else...lol

Last edited:
I'm shooting one of the BSA 6 by 24 illuminated mil dots on a 243 that has been doing fine for the last five years. It's not a bright as some of the expensive brands, but for a hundred bucks has killed a bunch of ground squirrels and a few coyotes.

Mines on a Remington 700 VLS and was bought new. Accuracy is fine and the adjustments are repeatable. It'll never be a Leupold, but it works fine.

As much as I'd like more expensive optics I simply couldn't afford them at the time. This scope along with an old Tasco 8 by 32 target dot scope that I use for summer ground squirrels on the 204 and for accuracy testing has taken lots of small game over the years.

700vls.jpg

I got a BSA 6-24 when I got my 22-250. I only got it till I could save up and get a good scope but I've decided to keep it. I have given the scope a hard time and its stll zeroed. After you get up past 18 the target is a little fuzzy but for $90 you cant get any better. I plan on getting another one for a 243 soon.

I have 2 Sweet 17's and have had NO issues with any of them, I have the high dollar scopes and these guys work extremely well for the price.

Pack Wolf, since you are actually looking at mine, I have to tell you the truth, this one has NEVER let me down, I've owned it for about 8 years now and not had the problems other folks "Claim" they do, you can buy a more expensive scope, but I had problems with a $400.00 Nikon, it's all up to what you want Pard, and for what you are putting one on, this scope is plenty good. PM me if you want to talk more about it.

OK, you asked.

I got a BSA 3-9x40 MD a few months ago (maybe a year) and it has been super. Yes it is mounted on a recoiless air rifle but still it's pretty darned OK.

My initial scope purchases were BushSmell Banner's and they all were warranty situations which I hated. BushSmell were cox to me when it counted most!!!!!!!!!!!!NEVER AGAIN WITH THE bUSHsMELL.

IMHO.

AVID shooter of anything,

John

Just a question for those who have had bad luck with BSA scopes, what model did you have ? Was it one of the upper end models or one of the cheapo's sold by the discount places on the net ?

Quote:
Was it one of the upper end models

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I have a Sweet 17 on my NEF 17 and I like it better than the Springfield Armory scope we have on another 17 of ours. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gifI have had it for probably 4 years now and I havent had any problems with it yet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gifIf your looking for a good scope that wont hurt your wallet then I would recommend a BSA but thats just me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Thank you all for your opinions.

I have decided not to purchase the BSA I was considering. Those of your that have good luck with your scopes, it does happen, as I have several inexpensive scopes that are years old, and seem to be fine. This one may have done me well.

I'm also always wanting a pleasant buying experience, and this one has certainly not become that.

Thanks again,

Pack

Back