Wildlife Technologies Predator Caller

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimriver

Hey guys, I have just wrapped up another hunting season and felt I should let you guys know how good my Wildlife Technologies caller works. I have had electronic callers from Burnham Bros, Johnny Stewart(my former favorite), FoxPro, Cass Creek, and Lohman. I boldly state that this caller from Wildlife Tech is the BEST caller I have ever used. The sound is unbelievable and the variety of sounds the owner set me up with are very complete and are doing everything I need it to from predators to spring snow goose hunting. Here are the good points:
1. Speaker quality..A+
2. Sound choices..A+
3. Directions for use..A+
4. Volume...A+
5. Sound length without repeating..A+
6. Battery life...A+

Here are things that are not so hot:
1. Cost..the most expensive on the market
2. Weight...the heaviest on the market minus the old Johnny Stewart with battery/cassette pack with big steel speaker and 25 ft of cord(My previous favorite) I think it was new in about 1975. I carry it in a backpack and I am in pretty good shape so the weight is not a big deal to me. My clients appreciate it's effectiveness so I overlook the weight issue.
3. Charger durability..you have to be very careful with the charger because it is made of too light of wires and the tangle easy. I have ordered the replacement charger after only about 3 seasons. The worst part of the caller!
4. Remote effective distance...Like ALL of the callers I have used, the effective range is only a fraction of what the advertised distance is. It is as good as the others but no better.

Although I do not give all of the credit to the caller, it does help me maintain a success rate of about one response per 2-3 stands! Part of the reason for my success is I am a pretty salty predator caller and have a pretty good population of predators to work with.

I haven't been greased by the Wildlife Tech company to write this, I simply think highly of their product. I have to admit that their caller is fully as effective(maybe more so) than my line of predator calls that I sell. I still use my mouth blown calls very effectively but the convenience of an electronic call have merit to me. If you have some disposable income, you cannot go wrong with the caller from Wildlife Technologies.

Good right up, glad your happy with the caller.
If I could, I would like to know more about some things.

Where are you calling?
What are you calling?
What sounds/volume/length of played sounds?
And any other info you can give.
Thank you

I guide in South Dakota, Alaska, and Texas. Predators that I call with the electronic caller are mostly coyotes, bobcats, fox. Grizzlies, wolves, and blackies occasionally come in but I am mostly using my mouth blown calls when that happens and I am hunting bears in Alaska. I will stay at a stand between 10 minutes and an hour depending on the day, what I am calling, wind, etc if calling coyotes/bobcats/fox. I use all the volume I can muster when using predator vocalizations and back off a little with the prey noises.

Hey yoteblaster,

I'm not telling ALL my secrets!!! I have a little secret that seems to work great on coyotes that I figured out this season. I am pretty sure it is a secret because I have never read about it anywhere before and until I figured it out, I haven't even heard of it. That piece of info is being kept underwraps for me and my clients... until word starts getting around. I suppose then everyone will find out right on this website!

I checked to see if you can change it to, Bill said it couldn't be done. What I did was buy a Motorola portable radio with a DTMF (dual tone mulitfrequency) pad on the front and have it programmed to the Family radio service channels just like the Talk Abouts. All you do is go in your call bag change the small radio channel to what ever channel you want and off you go. The remote has alot more range that way to. How the system works is the remote sends out a tone that is received by the small radio in the bag. The tone pads on the motorola radios send the same tones. The radio is also rechargable and much more durable as far as rain. I bought a Motorola Visar with DTMF pad off E-bay programmed for $130.00 wont have to mess with the remote ever again motorola radios of this type last forever. If you have more questions PM me and I will give you more info.

yoteblaster,
Thanks for the info on the DTMF generator radios, I have one at home too and found that it can be programmed to match up with the older WT FRS radios.

I am still waiting to see how the new one's are re-programmed. I've read the instructions for the caller, but I don't know anybody who knows how to change it on the 2030 model.

Your grades are a total joke.

1. Speaker quality..C (average) ...the TOA SC110, SC115 and the FoxPro Sp-55 are all better than WT's SC130.
2. Sound choices..D (not as good as average) ... but only because they added some better rabbits in the last year, otherwise they'd get the F. You must mean great catalog? Not for hunting predators. The birds are junk; they're ambiance noise that calls birds. I have 34 of the coyote vocals, and most of them don't work here, except a couple of the puppy whines. And the big game stuff is illegal in CA. The crows are OK. For predators, Byron's, Foxpro's, Minaska's, and Johnny Stewart's distresses and birds are way better.
3. Directions for use.. F for cheating. Previous WT claims didn't reflect reality and it sounds like they're doing it again.
4. Volume...B ... better than some, not as good as others. My own PA/IPOD stuff with 15, 25, 30, 50 watts blows WT down. So what.
5. Sound length without repeating.. F ... one of the cougar sounds is 0.6 seconds, the shortest loop ever sold to the public. Some of Johnny Stewart's loops are FIVE minutes.
6. Battery life... C (average) C'mon, it's just a 10 x AA NiMH battery pack - do the math.

Here are things that are not so hot:
7. Cost F - $33 per sound. Negotiate. Most guys wangle a dozen sounds for $200. Huh? FoxPro 20 sounds $16. Minaska Free for life.
8. Weight???? You don't know what you're talking about. I don't believe you that you own anything else and have ever compared anything to anything except maybe the JS512. Cut the BS.
9. Battery Charger. C or B. Ask FIRST. Some guys get the $10. red light / green light version - others get the Powerex 777, a ~$65 charger.
10. Remote? D The WT remote is too big for your pocket and it has no lanyard. The sleep feature blows. D for trying.
11. Usability. F - Can't upload any of your own sounds which sucks. If it won't play the standards, it's not worth owning at any price. Comes bright shiny white. Is that your first camoflage choice?
12. Hit and miss customer service. C or F depending if you suck up. Totally inconsistent. Some guys get it and others don't. Dealing with Bill can be total aggravation.

How many coyotes did you shoot this season Willy? Just like a lot of guys, checking your posts for this year, I found ZERO pictures. When you bought that WT, you got greased alright. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

Why is it you hate the Wildlife caller so much? I have seen your other posts on this site and they are all negative....You unhappy with life, or just own stock in some other call makers company? I don't mind anyone voicing their opionion, but man, your beating that dead horse into a bloody mess......Yes i own one, can't say if it's better or worse than anybodies else's, but i don't have a crusade against another guy's caller because i don't like it ( or the guy who makes it)...Just curious why so much hostility??? rsbhunter

Okay, you guys..................

Copyofantispam.gif

Back on topic please.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gifGlad to hear your story, most of the people that own the caller, are happy with it, what are the sounds you use most? And for what animal? Keep us posted !!! rsbhunter

Dear rsbhunter,

Thanks for pointing nahautl's bad attitude...maybe a California thing although that might be unfair to the rest of the Californians. I think he(that person) is one of those guys that thinks he is the only one who has things figured out and the rest of us are stupid. Did you see him accusing me of having no other call except the JS512? He should look in my closets!! He said that dealing with Bill can be totally aggrevating, it sounds like my post was totally aggrevating. I am more of a "glass is half full" kind of guy. One hundred and fourteen paying clients last year would say I know a little about calling game!

I don't mind giving people their option of voicing their opinion or disputing mine but I do mind guys like nahautl accusing my of lying.

I think if I ordered an expensive call such as the WT and was sent a unit with sounds I didn't order because the owner though he knew what I wanted better than I did, and voided my warrenty because I put sounds on the unit that weren't his or better yet voided my warrenty because I didn't agree with his oppinion I'd be a little pizzed off too.

As far as the sounds put on the call, when i bought my unit, i read the calls off the list, and that is what was loaded. IF i had not recieved what i had ordered, i would have returned it with the understanding that the calls i wanted would be loaded, or i would get a refund....That is just common buisness practices...As far as loading other calls on the caller, put a ford engine in a 2008 Chevy, take it to your dealer, and check on how much warranty gets done on the vehicle....not siding with either, but fair is fair.......but others have different experiences.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Quote:
As far as loading other calls on the caller, put a ford engine in a 2008 Chevy, take it to your dealer, and check on how much warranty gets done on the vehicle....not siding with either, but fair is fair.......but others have different experiences.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

It's called industry standard. When your competitors all offer the ability to configure different sounds on to there callers in various formats, it's time to join the party. Especially when those competitors are making a higher quality call for less money. Some companies are OK with only selling a handful of callers a year, while others prefer to set the bar.

By the way, if all Chevy owners started putting Ford engines into there trucks, Chevy would eventually see the light and change something. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back