E caller help

rwire125

ok hear we go looking into an E Caller and there are so many out there the only thing im sure about is i would like one with remote and the foxpro fx5 is pricy. any pro and cons to help a guy make the right choice would sure be greatly appreciated. And i know alot is just personal pref. but before i spend a few hundered buks i would like to make sure of the model with good quality soud and ease of operation. once agine not trying to start a debate but just trying to make an edgamacated choice. thanks for your help

The best advice I can offer is to scroll the e-call forum and take the information you get out of other posts to help you make a decision. I went through this about a month ago and finaly purchased a FP Scorpion. That being said, I believe that Minaska makes good caller's also. A question like you ask is bound to be answered by the people that have different models and they will probably suggest those models to you.

The Fx5 is great I believe the Scorpion is the better buy though. It has the same features and then some plus more sounds. But, you can't operate it with out the remote. Some folks say the remotes are hard to use but if you can operate your TV you won't have a problem.

Check out some of the post's by "Snowcamoman" I have gotten some of the best info from his responses and posts since he has many callers and brands. I think he shoots straight.

Bottom line is if you buy a $500+ caller you will probably be happy no matter the brand. Just weigh the features to fill your needs. I believe Customer service is important and it has been excellent with Foxpro. I have no experience with the other company's but have heard bood things about Minaska. They have the Bandit and others.

Good luck.

rwire125: I think yotekyllr's post is honest and accurate. That being said, I would recommend the Scorpion due to its versatility. You can use it as is and do well in the biggest percentage of calling situations. If you need more volume, add the SP-55 speaker. If you want true stereo, add two SP-55 speakers. One of the most important considerations are the sounds available to you from Foxpro. In my opinion, the Mark II sound library is the absolute best available. Customer service second to none. Good hunting at ya.

rwire125, those are all the reason's I went Scorpion. I did forget to mention I ordered it with the Sp-55.

Last edited:
I have the FX5 and really do like it, I know the Scorpion is awesome, but for me it would be hard to beat the FX5! I know the Scorpion is smaller but to me the FX5 is really compact and is the smallest caller I've ever used and believe me I've used a few over the years. Either caller is top of the line though and you have their legendary customer service to boot!!

well if i cant sell my ruger guess ill take the money and get a foxpro and have a triger job done to the ruger or maybe i should just do a trade? anyone want to trade a foxpro for a gun???

Quote:
well if i cant sell my ruger guess ill take the money and get a foxpro and have a triger job done to the ruger or maybe i should just do a trade? anyone want to trade a foxpro for a gun???

rwire125,

Make a post in the classified section indicating what you have for a gun and what kind of e-caller you want, and you might get some takers. Good luck!

Buddy, Myself and friends have been listening to Waylon, Johnny, and Willie all night via Scorpion. Not loud enough; I cranked up some rap for the kids via sp-55. You can hear it from three counties. But the yotes don't like country or C......RAP!!!!

is the Ruger left handed? I have a Foxpro 416B with remote, recharg. batts and manual up for sale in the classifieds. Would be interested in dealing...

Back