Midway USA

You mean Steven King's 'IT'? Man nothing in the real world could be that bad. I read that story 20 years ago and just you bringing up the topic still gives me the willies. Scariest book I ever read, and I love good horror. 'IT' was about all I could handle though!

Quote:
wish they'd go back to their old ways of including shipping in the price and abandon the whole small parts or small order fee. Otherwise great service.

That is one of the few things I wish they'd change too.

Overall, my experiences with them have been very positive !!
I especially like their "customer review" feature on the products they sell. On several occasions, that has either convinced me to order that item, or if that product got mostly bad reviews, look for a suitable substitute.

Out of the very few negatives I've experienced with them, the largest one (for me) is their dealer discount. Most of the time, at least for the item(s) I was interested in, the dealer discount was so minimal I felt embarrassed for the Midway sales person taking my order. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

But all in all, a good and valuable vendor IMHO.

Hangtime.

Last edited:
I like Midway also. I bought a cheap AR 15 tool last august. The first time I used it I busted one of the pins. I went to use it about a week ago and when trying to remove a barrel nut I broke it again. A call to midway and they refunded the purchase price when I got the better tool. Great service!

I like Midway, pretty much one stop shopping. I still shop around though. My only problem (so far)is when they back order an item is that you pay the shipping calculated for that order...then they charged me shipping again for the back ordered item when it shipped! I called and complained and they took care of it. I think this is a standard shipping procedure for them? Just watch the shipping charges.
Powder/primers I buy local.

I buy local if I can, but but if I cant I go to Midway.
Im not real patient and there turn around time is hard to beat.

I have had nothing but good service at Midway. I have noticed
some of their prices becoming less competitive. I usually
shop the sales, and maybe sneak a regular priced item, or two,
in to the order, yet stay under the next shipping increase.
For a number of loading components, I now shop elsewhere,
where prices are very competitive, unless the Midway sale
price beats the competition. Sad to say, that is getting
to be a rare case. If Larry really wants to "Thank you
for the business", he should find a way to lower more
prices, and ease off on the shipping hit.

Squeeze

I have never had one problem with midway. Have put orders in with them dozens of times, also very fast delivery. Even sent some things back, and they refunded my card very fast.

Great company in my opinion. I had purchased $120 dollars worth of brass for a rifle I changed direction's on. They gave me 100% credit after having the brass for 3 months.

I've had good service from midway except they charge a return fee on things you send back. Maybe they have to in order to cover their expense but no one else does. I quit using them several years ago but have recently started again because their selection is sooo good.

I always start with Midway, but lately I have found some better pricing and lower shipping with Natchez and Graf and sons.

joe

Quote:
Great company in my opinion. I had purchased $120 dollars worth of brass for a rifle I changed direction's on. They gave me 100% credit after having the brass for 3 months.

I have had similar experiences.

I bought a bunch of dies and cases for a project that got stalled, and then changed direction.

A year and a half later, they gave me a 100% refund for all of it.

I have seen prices that were lower from other places, but when I wanted to order a lot of stuff, I had to order from four of five places, and paying 4 or 5 different shipping charges killed whatever advantage there was.

I get 90%+ of my stuff from Midway. Customer service is outrageously good.

I dont care about how someones personality is viewed by others.. to me, its about how business is conducted. Midway has always been spot-on when processing orders. They have never questioned my reasons for needing to return or exchange items. Unlike some other big name outfits, they have always told me up-front about backordered items, not informed me after the order was placed. Nothing but good to say about Midway, Nothing but bad to say about Natchez. But thats just me.

i like midway. customer service is second to NONE. they have a record i can view of everthing i have purchased from them since 2001.

What is a 'small order fee', lol, never had that problem.....usually the other way around for me.

I have had good luck with there return policy as well....I have returned a rifle stock and a scope before with no troubles.

Back