calls for this time of year

What's also specific to each individual is that person's ability to kill coyotes! Hey, if you happen to be a total machine of destruction against coyotes and think you're gonna put a sizable dent in the population in one hunt and would rather wait to kill them in the fall, that might be a good choice for you.

Or perhaps you can only manage to kill one in 30 coyotes called in.
i know i for one am not going to hurt the population of ANY species of game animal i pursue. i just ain't that successful!!

i'm gonna go hunt when i get a chance, cuz i don't seem to be able to pull together many chances to go lately.

------------------
Get sum, get sum......
M16ani.gif

I'll be out there till I can't make my way through the under-brush no more and that's because I have local farmers begging me for there help.
I'm far from the professional version of your ADC workers but I love the sport and if the locals ask me to hunt thier land instead of me asking them for permission...I'm going.
wink.gif
The land they own just open up that much more opportunity for me this fall.

~River Runner~

------------------
predatorlogo3jpg.gif

www.predatormasters.com

River Runner. . .

I got a call this morning from a local rancher that is having problems with coyotes eating his livestock...

I'm going over his place this afternoon to see what's up. Normally, I don't call during this time of year, but there are exceptions to every rule.

This is one of them....
wink.gif

------------------
yotewalk.gif

Old wretched, good luck hunting with your son. Those are golden times. I would recommend the pup distress sounds for this time of year.

Called in 8 coyotes for them that day. One of them busted a female dead center with a .308, and there were coyote pup embryos scattered all over the ground. Each embryo was a few inches long and very well developed. Sort of a sickening sight. - Critr Gitr

Could you be a little more descriptive please? LOL! Just kiddin!

I can really appreciate those who desire not to kill coyotes during the denning season. I ask in turn that they understand the need to remove some adult coyotes in problem areas. Personal choice!

I will add that with thousands of coyotes dieing of mange, coyotes are hardly in need of protection. Wiley E

[This message has been edited by Wiley E (edited 05-05-2001).]

I agree with VIC.Don't go out after coyotes this time of year,go golfing or fishing or some other fun summer sport.The coyotes are way to hard to call in anyway right now,wait until fall.That just makes it all the better for me when I don't see anyone out there when I'm calling all summer.
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by UTcaller (edited 05-07-2001).]

Here in Wyoming, there's a lot of public land that one can not get into most of the winter when snow blocks the roads....that's where I like to call during the spring and summer months.....right now a "Who's out there" howl has been working great. Good hunting.

Wow, there are new names popping up all over the place!! Welcome Kerchill! Wyoming!! Great hunting. I liked Wyoming.....

And WELCOME to all you other new guys I have missed or just didn't get a hello in to you.

------------------
Critr

LW42144.jpg

www.SaguaroSafaris.com

Well Vic Carlson, where have you been? Its been a long time.
AzWill good luck on you outting..

------------------
yotewalk.gif

Jason's Gun Room
Quality Custom Gunsmithing

Back to the topic at hand. I would use either coyote pup distress or challenge howling i don't hunt this time of year but in march that is what works the best for me i'm guessing that is what works the best now also.

------------------
"Aim Small miss Small"

Back