Zaleski Guys

dwnforce

You Guys that hunt Zaleski for yotes, How are you guys doin there,I hunt over off of 327 and 17, I went down last weekend to find a few new areas to hunt, The westside seams to have alot of fields, didnt get to really walk the whole park...Just wondering if its worth trying. Thanks

I spent the second saturday of Feburary there calling. Made about 5 or 6 stands with no takers. I have a friend that bowhunts the area and told me about all the Coyotes that he had heard at night while camped at the Hunters camp.
There was a light snow on the ground and I found some tracks but not as much sign as I had hoped.
It's about an hour and 20 minute drive for me. I dont think that I will go back.
There's more Coyotes in the farm country around where I live.

Man that is a really hard area to call. Ive had best luck early season scoopin up the dumb ones, and this time of year with the breeding at our advantage.

Truth be told that area gets hit so much harder than I ever imagined. Between the great white hog hunters, Coonhunters, Bowhunters, deer gun season and every male student at Hocking College, Im amazed that I get responses to calling at all.

Id expect once they get that bike trail thru there things will improve though.

Back