Broke in the 22-250 today.

TNpredator

Went out and tried again to sight in my 22-250. Got some 50 gr Win. ballistic silvertips to see if they would work better than the 40 gr. Well this gun loves the 50 grainers. First shot was an inch to the right so one little adjustment and the next 3 were dead on well under an inch. Was heading on to my pappaws farm so i took it along in case any whistlepigs were out and about. We were about to leave when i saw 2 out in the field. They spooked and ran back under the school but one made the mistake of sticking his head out. Put the crosshair right on the side of his head and squeezed the trigger. Dad immediately said i had hit him but he fell back in the hole. We walked down there to see if he was laying there and when we got close to the hole i could see chunks sitting around the hole. The groundhog had just dropped straight down the hole so i pulled it out. Good sized male, ill have to get the female before another day. These rounds really did a number on this guys head. I believe im gonna like this gun.
grounhog.jpg

Nice looking rifle and big hog for this time of the year /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Good Job.
I am thinking of getting a bipod like that for my 22-250 but I am afraid it would break off the stud under any pressure. How does it feel to you?

Its not a bipod but my Stoney Point shooting sticks. Had a Harris bipod on my 243 WSSM and it worked pretty good. Couldnt use it on all stands with the different terrains so i went with the sticks so i could adjust it for different grounds.

Thanks, I never thought of that.
I'll just use shooting sticks to then because where I live even ground is hard to come by.

Excellent way to start the season... great to get sighted in and then get to try it out!!!! Nutin' but chunks....LOL way to go & I hope you drill many more! I really like that paint job on that stock! Sam

Back