varmint hunting around Fort worth Tx.

carsonwild

Hey guys I want to take my brother varmint hunting.
He lives in Fort Worth so any were around there or dallas would work.
He is getting back from over seas in a month or two.
I would like to take him Prairie Dog Shooting or yot hunting could any of you guys help me out.
Thank you for your help.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

You might think about pigs. They're a nuisance in Texas. A friend has two ranches outside D/FW with lots of coyotes, but the hogs are real destructive. There are lots of them and he tells me come on down and shoot 'em all. Other ranches must have the same problem. Talk to landowners, do some investigating.

The LBJ National Grasslands in Decatur About 30 min NW of Ft. Worth. Can shoot yotes,crows,hogs,and all sorts of other critters,but don't think you will find pdogs.

I have been 60 miles southwest of Ft.Worth for 18 yrs. managing a cow ranch. Most all of Tx.is private owned and if you do not know someone that can get you on there place, forget it. This ranch is total private for ownership only and friends. Darn good bass fishing and a few birds and coyotes. Pdogs you need to go to the panhandle of the state. There are a lot of weekend vamint hunt contests around the state and it is mostly local boys and they know the land owners and get to go on the land because the owner knows them well. Outsiders are just not allowed on the property unless you have a lease for hunting. Sorry but that is the way it is.
Paul

Quote:
"Most all of Tx.is private owned and if you do not know someone that can get you on there place, forget it."

"This ranch is total private for ownership only and friends."

"Outsiders are just not allowed on the property unless you have a lease for hunting. Sorry but that is the way it is.
Paul

I was born and raised in Texas, and those are the reasons that I will not move back.

As stated above no praire dogs. You might look at some of the National Forest over in East Texas. Not much of a chance of getting on private land anywhere near the Metroplex. The Grasslands are shotgun are muzzleloader and you have to wear orange. Good luck calling up a predator as they are very well educated up there.

I have place's to hunt down here were Im in Spring but my brother is getting back from Afghanistan/Iraq.
So his stuffs all boxed up And he don't have a ride yet.
I wanted to try and go up there to him.

Back