Scorpion Deployment Bag and Remote Case Review

snowcamoman

The wind is screaming today and I'm stuck inside, so I figured I'd post a review on the custom Yoters Den Deployment Bag I had built for me to house my FoxPro Scorpion and SP-55 speakers. First, here are the features of the bag. This bag was a custom request of mine after using several other types of packs and bags, with disappointing results. This Fanny pack style design allows me to transport most of my gear while on or off the snowmachine. This bag is custom fitted for the FoxPro Scorpion and up to 2 SP-55 Speakers. It has a foam pad for a divider and the Scorpion resides in a nice pocket built into the case. The Scorpion and external SP-55 speakers can be activated while staying inside the bag. There are 2 Outside stow pockets for the remote and/or other misc items. These pockets feature double twist locks to keep them closed during setup and riding. There's a custom riveted nylon tube with weather cap, which I use to sometimes elevate a small speaker (shown in photo below). The case includes a top carry strap with elastic band to hold extra slack when not in use. The bag can be carried over the shoulder this way or used to hang in a tree if desired. The waist support is contoured and super comfortable to wear while riding on the snowmachine. It actually acts as extra lumbar support when I'm riding and is more comfortable with it on than off. Even when it's fully loaded, it rides great and keeps everything safe inside. On the two ends, there are twist locks to open and expose the speaker panels. The panels keep snow out when riding and are simple to expose for stands. These twist locks are the best solution in cold weather where you cannot take gloves or mitts off. There's plenty of room inside this bag for about anything you'd need on a day hunt, including snacks, TP, calls and any other items you typically carry. I put extra Pick-N-Pluck foam inside my bag to really keep things tight and secure. I've tossed in a couple of handwarmers when it was -30ºF out and that bag and caller were roasty warm inside even after 4 hours. I keep my extra battery pack inside the bag as well near the handwarmer packs in case I need to change them out. I've brought the bag inside covered with snow and when it melted, the water shed right off. The antenna grommet on the top of the bag is a tight fit and appears to keep water from coming in as well.
The remote case made by Yoters Den has saved me a lot of hassle this season. Usually, I keep my remote inside my chest pocket and pull it out to check volume level or sound selection when needed. Usually, I have my Presets all set on the TX200 with 20-30 minute calling sequences and don't have to look at the remote. However there are times when nothing seems to work and I begin to fiddle with other various sounds and volumes. With this remote holder, I can strap the remote to my upper leg and it stays put with easy access and visual with minimal movement. You can see in the photos how the remote case has a nice elastic band that holds the remote. Then, the gray padded flap folds down on the back of the remote. Finally, the case folds over and snaps together, thereby keeping it securely trapped inside. There's enough room inside this case to put a nice handwarmer too, which is handy for the LCD on cold days.
The quality and service from Yoters Den was great. They kept in touch with me and kept udating me on the progress of my custom order until it was finished. The quality of their products is first class and definitely holds up to the abuse of riding on my back over the Arctic moguls. I think I've logged over 150 miles with my Deployment Bag so far and it looks like brand new still with no signs of wear. Thanks again Yoters Den for the great product and service.
Below are a bunch of photos of the Deployment Bag, Remote Case and some various others with callers and speakers for relative size. The dimensions of the bag measure 12" Wide x 11" Deep x 8" Tall. Enjoy and please ask if you have any questions or want to see something specific on the bag.

Deployment Bag showing Speaker Panels (Both ends have panels and also one where the Scorpion internal speaker is located)
DBwithtwopanels.jpg

Inside bag with SP-55 in place and Scorpion.
DBInside.jpg

Deployment Bag with elevated speaker for light snow conditions.
DBElevatedSpeaker.jpg

TS200 Remote Case (Will also fit Minaska Remote as well)
YotersDenRemoteCase.jpg

Various Callers,Speakers, and Gear with Deployment Bag.
CallersandSpeakers.jpg

Field Gear typically carried in Deployment Bag.
FieldGoodies.jpg

Snow: That thing looks better the more I look at it. Great job laying it out and presenting it to the viewers. Being able to hang it up as is has to be a big advantage in the climate you live in.

Thanks guys for the kind words. This bag really does make calling and setting up in my climate easier and quieter. Not only can I hang that bag in a tree, I can also strap it to a large tree if needed with the waist belt too. I did that in a stand of birch trees where there weren't any low branches to hang it on. It worked pretty slick. I would imagine anybody who hikes in any distance or rides snowmachines or four wheelers would benefit from a bag like this. I messed around for a couple years with various bags, but they all were lacking things and it messing with the speakers was a pain. This thing keeps it simple and all under one roof.

Killin_Carp,
The only changes to my Scorpion is I put a different lanyard on it and a patch of velcro on the back to stick that smaller horn speaker to, that you see in the photo. If you need a better picture of it, let me know and I'll post it.

Snow, That is a great idea. No pic needed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif
I was wondering; Who, in their right mind would plow out a brand new Scorpion and attach a different speaker? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

Carp

Back