Sharpening Service

Razorsedge

Well now that I'm a paid sponsor I can now offer my sharpening service to all the members here on PM.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif I worked for Imperial Schrade for about 13 years and currently work part time for Canal Street Cutlery. While working for Schrade I had became the companies most experienced knife sharpener. I made decisions as to which belts we were to use because it yielded a sharper & longer lasting edge. I gathered all this info from a computer edge testing machine in which they paid about $80,000.00 for. Their was at that time only 21 of those machines in the world. For months I played around with different belts, edge angles (which were measured with a lazar), polishing wheels & polishing compounds to find out which combination worked the best. After all this I designed all of their new edgeing machines in the factory. Now that I have my own sharpening buisness I can offer all my experience in knife sharpening to all the people who can use it.

I only charge $3.00 per knife no matter how many blades in that knife or how long the blade/s are. If the blade has a broken tip it will be fixed at no extra charge. I also ask that you pay the return shipping back to you. I have to do this because most times it cost more to ship a knife than it does for me to edge it. What I do is not really resharpen the knife but actually cut a new cutting edge on the blade. The process that I use will not remove any temper from the blade at all. It will also be easier for you to resharpen it your self when it starts to get dull after a period of time. I guarantee that I can put an edge on your knives that will effortlessly shave the hair off your arm or I will refund your money (cost of sharpening + return shipping). They will be back in the mail in a day or two after I recieve them from you. If you have any questions I'll gladly answer them here, pm me for any shipping info. Thank you for your time, David.

OK this is a post I need to save. No matter how nice an edge I get on my knive I am never happy with them.

Wow. That sounds like a bargain of a price.

David, I build a few knives. I believe I'll be contacting you to sharpen up some of my damascus blanks.

Thanks....Tony

Heck of a deal!!!! Thanks for supporting us at PM. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

This man is a lifesaver. When I sharpen(dull) my knives they actually get duller rather than sharper. Being that I am a knife nut, I usually just buy a new knife when my old one needs sharpening.
Heck, I might just move next door to him /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif

Tony, please don't send me blank blades that you will have to work on to assemble after wards. All my work will come back extremely sharp. If one was to slip while you were working on it it could easily dismember a finger or two. They will even slice through cut proof gloves with some force applied to them.

Wildbillb02, yes I can also sharpen serraded edges. These will be resharpened as I don't have the grinding equipment to regrind new edges on them. Never the less they will still come back razor sharp or they'll come back just sharp FREE.

RedFrog, always glad to help a good cause. This site is one of the best out there for sportsmen.

Thanks for all the kind words fellas. Just wait till you see the replies from the satisfied customers, Dave/Razor

I have a couple of real old Buck knives with the VERY hard steel blades. The rep from Buck told me they went with a different steel (70's?) because people were complaining that the hard steel was too difficult to resharpen. Are they something that you would take on?

They would be no problem. Buck has always had hard steel in their knives. 440 tempered really hard. Schrade used to have blades cast out of BG42 which is what ball bearings are made of (I think) and we could still edge them on these machines. I've seen those blades destroy grinding wheels while being ground to shape. I realy don't remove that much material. If you could find any blades made from that or ATS34 you would have a good peace of steel for a knife. Every body thinks that rockwell hardness has to do with how long a knife will hold it's edge but that's not totaly true. If you had a knife made of one of the above steels hardened at say 50-55 rockwell it will still hold an edge longer than a peace of 440c stainless at 60 rockwell.

Weasel,
Your 70's era Buck's should have 440C in that time period. After that Buck switched to 425M, then later the 420HC they have in place now. Buck also changed the geometry of their grind several times. They're ground thin now at the edge.

Guys,
This guy is the real deal! He did 4 knives for me just recently and they are scaaaaary sharp!

His service is just as he says it is!

Great guy to do business with--David, you have my business for life!

Regards,
Tim

Quote:
Tony, please don't send me blank blades that you will have to work on to assemble after wards. All my work will come back extremely sharp. If one was to slip while you were working on it it could easily dismember a finger or two. They will even slice through cut proof gloves with some force applied to them.

I'm sold. I'll be sending you all my knives that I build. (After they are built).

Thanks...Tony

do you sharpen Katana swords? a guy i work with has 2 he needs resharpened ans wanted me to do it for him i just use DMT Whetstone diamond stones the work pretty good as long as i always keep up on them but i would hack an arm off trying to sharpen a sword for him\

lol

David has sharpened two sets of knives for me, and they have been top shelf! They are extremely sharp, and he gets them back to you super quick.

Back