Browning A-Bolt 22 Hornet

bea175

I received my Browning A-Bolt Left Hand in 22 Hornet. I need to get it cleaned and the scope mounted. I loaded the 40 gr V-max with 12.6 gr of Lil'Gun and Rem 7.5 BR Primers. I'm hoping the rifle will like this load. This may become one of my favorite rifles for Foxes, Cats and should work well for Yotes under 200 yards. Time will tell. Photo of rifle still in box. I was thinking i may need to camo the gun but it has a dark satin finish and matte blued barrel and should work as is. The rifle is so light in weight that carrying it for long walks in the bush will be a joy compared to my AR and heavier barrelled rifles. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
A-boltHornet1.jpg

A-BoltHornet2.jpg

Bob, you're gonna love that Browning! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Don't forget to try some small pistol primers in those loads. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I have never been a big fan of pistol primers in rifles, because of the softer cups of these primers and the more powerful strike of the rifle firing pins in bolt guns. In my Encore they may work ok. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

You are very fortunate to have found one in LH,,,,,,,But you already know that. Good find!!!!
Those are great little rifles /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif
What scope are ya putting on it????

Burris 3x9 FF2 with Ballistic Plex in Warne Rings and Bases /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Quote:
Burris 3x9 FF2 with Ballistic Plex in Warne Rings and Bases /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

That'll work....
Here's my little Whitetail getter in 243 with a 1.5-6 Sightron. Carries and handles like a dream.
I bought my Grandson the Micro in 22 Hornet for Christmas, and was suprised to see that the 22H has a 22" barrel while my 243 comes with a 20". That 20" barrel is LOUD, and a little tricky to load for. Finally got It to come around with some 4064. I wish the 243 had the 22" barrel but other than that I love it.
How's the trigger???? I bought the spring kit and adjusted mine but still wasn't crazy about it, so I had my smith stone the sear a little. It's fine now.

DSCN0073.jpg

Your's looks to have some nice wood on it. So did my Grandson's. Browning stock makers probably all shoot Hornets..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif

Nice looking rifle. My experience with the Browning A-Bolt is that it's a tack-driver right out of the box.

Just got a synthetic stock for mine, from browning $250 which I thought was high but, I hate getting my fancy wood stock nicked up... The only thing that seemed strange to me was browning claimed that a micro action would not fit into a standard short action. So I slipped the action into a varmint stock my buddy had and it fit great so I called browning back and talked to a lady this time and she said it would fit too and now I have a synthetic stock and it still is a tack driver. Browning should offer a synthetic stock version from the factory. P.S. you have to bed the action in the stock you get from browning... Your going to love this gun... cut the trigger spring and do a little loadin and have fun. Mine just shoots unreal with handloads and to think people say they should stop making the hornet... I just laugh...

I already have the replacement trigger spring kit for it and will install before mounting the scope. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Quote:
I already have the replacement trigger spring kit for it and will install before mounting the scope. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I replaced the spring in the trigger on my new Browning 22 Hornet Huntsman. The pull now is outstanding!!!
I have a bunch of loads worked up, but the snow has the range blocked, so no shooting till that clears.

Good luck with yours, and let us know how it shoots.

Martyn

Interesting tidbit about the synthetic stock. So you are saying that a SA Browning stock will fit the micro hunters? Anybody else make one that fits.

Yes it does fit... I don't know if anyone else makes a short action stock. Bells & Carlson says they do on there website but when I called the said wssm actions only...

Back