Please welcome

Weasel-UT

New HOB knife maker............Razorsedge! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif Glad ya signed on. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Thanks for the warm welcome but I'm not a knife maker, all though I do work part time for Canal Street Cutlery ( formerly Imperial Schrade) were I help them make custom knives. Could I make a custom knife? Yes but I really don'y have that much time on my hands to complete such a project. I have a knife sharpening business "Razorsedge". I was employed by Schrade for 13 years, & Canal Street Cutlery for 3 so far. During those years I became the master sharpener for the factory/s. I have probably sharpened close to 1 million blades, all by hand. All though I'm not sharpening your knives I'm cutting a completely new cutting edge on the knife it's self. The process / machinery that I use is the same that Schrade and most knife companies still use today. It will not remove any temper from the blade at all. I guarantee that any knife that I sharpen will be returned to you sharp enough to effortlessly shave the hair off your arm. If I can't get your knife that sharp the money that you send to have it sharpened will be returned with your knife/s. I'll gladly answer any questions about knives that you might have. Thanks for the welcome Dave.

Dave- I knew you said you were a sharpener, but I got the knife maker part from your bio where it says "NYS Correction officer / Custom Knife Maker". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

I'll make the change.

yellowhammer- yea I relized that after I relized that after I posted it. I never change it because I never thought of going this far with the business. Thanks Dave.

Dave, Welcome to the madness!

Sorry I missed this earlier!

Properly sharpening knives is every bit as much an artform as actually making the knife! It takes knowledge, skill and a very steady hand! You need sharp knives to skin those big coyotes in upper NY!

Nikonut /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Thanks Nikonut. Yes you do need a sharp knife to skin these darn muts. Sometimes I start out with a freshly sharpened knife and still check it to see if it got dull because it seems like it stoped cutting while skinning them. I check it on my arm and it still shaves hair. Just scratch my head and finish the chor. Maybe some knife makers should make cases out of coyote skin.

JB, oopps I forgot to put that in my post. I get $3.00 per knife no matter how long or many blades in that one knife reguardless of the type of steel. Also you pay the shipping to me and back to you. I ask this because most times I charge less to sharpen a knife that it costs to ship it. Thanks Dave.

Back