BLACK Mountain Lion?

A MT F&W biologist said we don't have any resident pack of wolves where I live and I brought him a pic of a wold that I took at about 30 feet. Next thing you know he trapped a female that was lactating and collared her. the next week he located the den and there she was with her Alpha huband and 6 or 8 pups. And that was only in one area within 20 mi of my house. We now have a pack right behind my house, 4 wolves, and I saw another group of 3 chasing an elk 15 mi south. Now the biologist changed his toon about wolves in the Swan Valley. They use to say they occasionally come into our valley. I could have shot 5 this year, hope they do have the hunt and I get a tag.

Quote:
I can not speak to the black cat issue. However I can testify that there are mt.lions in areas that fish and game say there are not. I live in Ks, KDWP says they are not here, my father and I have both seen them at close range. Recently there has been a frenzys on KSU's campus. A prof got a picture on a game camera on the edge of campus.

I have my theories about why KDWP won't come forward. Their official stance now is "We will not say that they(Mt.Lions) are not here."

Last edited:
Sean; you had me laughing outloud buddy. Both those shows fit in the same niche, entertainment and hyperbole. There has never, been a single shred of evidence, of either a black mountain lion or a UFO, or its passengers.
That black cat show, reminded me of this thread and others like it, black mt lions seen all over the place, mostly from areas of the country, that don't even have mt lions, or very very few of them.
Did you take notice of the biologist that mentioned the population of black jaguars were only found in the central amazon basin,and of that population there, only 6% showed melanistic propensity,and that one has never been seen north of central america. Pretty tough odds, 6% of a population that is all ready relatively quite small, only found in the center of south America, never seen north of central America, but somehow that map of black cat sightings in the US, had dozens of black pins in the eastern and southeastern United States.....unbelivable.
Funny how so many people still hang onto the belief? It amazes me to no end:)

Back