Battery light on foxpro

Timberdoodle is right. I just charge mine until the batteries get warm. Bad feeling when that light starts flashing when your out hunting. Thats why I carry a set of 8 AA's with me just in case.

howdy MSC, I believe i had that same question when i got my fx3 and emailed this feller,who told me i needed to keep the battery cover on my fx3 if it had a certain sticker located inside the cover, there is a sensor inside the fx3, when the batterues get warm meaning they r charged, the charging light goes out. I believe my light does go out when my fx3 is fully charged but i would recommend firing joe off an email

Joe Brumbaugh
Customer Service Manager
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
FOXPRO Inc.
"The Caller of the Wild"
14 Fox Hollow Drive
Lewistown, PA 17044
Customer Service: 717-248-2507
Toll Free Ordering: 866-463-6977
Fax: 717-247-3594
http://www.gofoxpro.com

here ya go MSC straight from smokin joe on the foxpro forum.
----------------------------------------------------------
Smokin' Joe
FOXPRO Staff Member
------------------
If you open your battery compartment on the FX3 itself, take a look at where the serial number sticker is located. If the sticker is on the battery compartment door, then the LED on on the front of the unit will not extinguish when the charge is complete.

If the sticker is inside the back of the battery compartment (on the back wall), then your instructions should advise you to leave the batteries in the unit while charging with the compartment door shut. When the charge cycle draws near the end, the LED will go out and the charge is complete.

You can use any NiMH batteries in the unit just fine.

Hey Jimmy, you still around? Have you shot any of those Coyotes with PhD's down your way? More snow this weekend I hear!!! Just what we need. (not)

JimmyCrow Killa the message that you quoted was from an old post that pertained to old instructions. We have since then revised the instructions on chargeing and took that portion out. That light for FX3's ect. will stay on when charging. There is a thermister in there that will protect it from overcharging but will not cause that light to go out. If you have any questions about it or any questions at all you can always call us here at FOXPRO we would be more than happy to help you. Thanks

GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY MY HEAD HURTS...:)...so the answer is, the light may go out...or not!...:)...one thing I will say...the Foxpro CS folks respond when you contact them which is more then 90% of the companies do nowadays!
====================================
J.,
Initially all of us customer service folk were told that the “LED would extinguish” when the charging process was complete. A few weeks back we come to find out that this is not always going to be the case.
The issue is that the whole idea behind the LED going off is based solely upon the temperature inside the battery compartment. If it reaches a certain temperature, the LED will turn off and kill the charge. For folks who live in cooler climates where the ambient temperature is lower, the temperature may never reach that level that prompts the thermistor to end the charge.
We have since changed our instruction manual to read something to the effect that you should not rely upon the LED as the only means to determine if a charge is complete. The LED will only go out if the temperature reaches a certain point to prevent thermal runaway. The real key is to simply make sure that you do not let the charge go on for more than 9 hours at a time.
I apologize for the confusion!
Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
Thank you,
Joe Brumbaugh

P.S. my solution to not being sure of the LED and if my batteries are fully charged, is to get an external battery charger, which I can use for my xtra batteries, and will tell me for sure when my batteries are fully charged!

Back