FoxPro Scorpion

Rustydog

OK, I am within millimeters of calling in my order for a FP Scorpion. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif Is there any one out there that can give me any negatives on the unit so that I can feel "all warm and fuzzy" about spending that much money. I've heard most of the good things, but what are the problems I should look out for? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif I am a satisfied FX3 owner!

Rustydog

I have the Fx3 and love it. I was torn between sending it in for the upgrade and just ordering the scorpion.

The only negative I hear of the scorpion is the tendency for it to produce doubles, triples and quads. Leaving the shooter with to many tough decisions on which way to shoot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

Oh, and the occasional friend that wants to come over and borrow it since you can't go hunting at the time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

(BTW, I ordered mine last night! it will be here tomorrow!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif )

one HUGE negative is the fact that you cant go hunting as much as you want to once it gets there.... lol

The volume is a bit of an issue, but it is one that is EASILY solved... so to me it is not even an issue

I have one and love it.
I also added the SP55 speaker just for those windy days.
When you order tell them the order
(work it out before you order) you want your sounds it
it will save you time later

If you didn't like the small faunt on the FX5 remote or you dont like needing to memorize sounds to numbers or lists when using the "old man" mode, then you probably won't like the scorpion any more than you did the fx5 Rusty.

Just make sure you get that speaker or keep the FX3 handy for those days in the desert when you want to reach out and touch something. We all know the wind is always a factor in our part of the world.

Ive had mine for 5 days now. Been out two nights with it. Killed a Grey the first night and a Red last night.
Plenty of volume for my areas. I love it.

The only compaint I have had to this point was I needed to go about 7 days without mine. My Scorpion had a battery burned up. Returned to FoxPro and they replaced batteries and verified nothing else was wrong with the unit. Free of charge, except my side of shipping to the Shop.

I can be tough to find in the field sometimes when its time to pick it up and move to another spot. Not a real big deal of course.

In so many words.....I love my unit and have no real negative press to promote to anyone interested in getting one.

Just for clarification, I was not stating there was anything wrong with the scorpion.
Rustydog already had owned an FX5 and could not read the sound list. I believe he sold it and went back to the fx3 for that reason.

Just had my best night here in pa. with scorpion. 5 fox called in 3 hours. I like the scorpion because it is light. Even if you turn volume to 40 its not to loud but gets the job done. Attach sp55 speaker to the scorpion and it is now useful for long distance calling. Louder than FX5. I like the new deployment bag i just got for scorpion. I LIKE BEING ABLE TO CONTROL EVERYTHING WITH THE REMOTE. The the only changes i think the remotes needs (all foxpro remote units) is bigger letters on screen and turning the knob to get different sounds is to sensitive. You blow past alot of sounds to find correct one. I thing the remote should have feel and sound clicks like scopes.

Last edited:
Back