Zeiss Conquest on AR-15

ruger64

Has anyone used a Conquest 3.5-10x44 on a AR-15 .223? I have a RRA coyote with a Bushnell 4200-2.5-10x40.I am having another AR built and thinking about scope.I have a Burris 4.5-14x42 and thinking how it would work. Would like some input on this. Thanks.

I have used the Burris 4.5-14X42 on an AR and a similar powered Ziess Conquest on an AR and a CZ and they work great much better scope than the Burris and I would buy again.

Do you have a question about the scope brand or the magnification? Or both? As for the scope, the conquest is, in my opinion, the best scope you can get in the midpriced scope range. For the magnification, I really ~4X for coyote hunting. Some guys like lower powered scopes for the close in shots (1.5-3X). But I have no problem finding a small moving target in a scope and perfer higher magnification for coyotes. 3.5-10X is a great magnification range for coyotes.

I have a 4.5-14X44 Conquest. I had it on an AR for a short time, but now lives on an Encore. I love that scope!

I would have a Conquest on all my varmint and hunting rifles if I could afford the $10,000 that it would cost me to outfit them all. Maybe someday but for right now- and you guys are not going to believe this- my wife seems to think that it is more important for our daughter to get a college education than it is for me to buy new glass for all my guns. Huh. What you think guys? Divorce? Sell her car? Max out the Visa???

Quote:
I would have a Conquest on all my varmint and hunting rifles if I could afford the $10,000 that it would cost me to outfit them all. Maybe someday but for right now- and you guys are not going to believe this- my wife seems to think that it is more important for our daughter to get a college education than it is for me to buy new glass for all my guns. Huh. What you think guys? Divorce? Sell her car? Max out the Visa???

At least sell her car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Conquests are da bomb. That power range is also great. I've had a 3X9 Conquest on my 300 Mag and have hunted Alaska in minus 40F to 120F+ in the South West. Dropped that Conquest scoped rifle more times than I care to count busting through the alders back packing for Dalls. That scope always held it's zero. As a matter of fact that's the rifle/scope that is on my avatar.

Back