First Bobcat

d2admin

Administrator
Hey All,
I took off this morning for my birthday and got a great present. First I thought I was having pretty good luck having got a big male coyote last Sat. But to my suprise I did one better. I got set up in the same area as last Sat. and started out with some lip squeaks with no results. Next I played the yellowhammer a bit and after 30 min. nothing. But before I left I thought I'd try my open reed regulator 10 after 2 series of calls and a short wait I was reaching over to start packing up for the next stand when at about 400 yds I saw somthing. After a better look it was a bobcat it was coming my way very slowly and when it got in a dip in the field I turned my rifle in its direction. Then it came over the rise still about 350 yds. and stopped so I stuck the call in my mouth and called each time I hit the call it would come a few yards closer. Finally I got it to about 200 yds. facing me and didn't seem to sure what it was going to do next so I said to myself enough of this and shot it through the chest and that was all she wrote. The taxidermist weighed it 34 lbs. If one of you nice guys would let me know how to post a picture off my digital camera I'd like Y'all to see it. Thanks zapper 223

way to go. put your pics on an online picture service such as imagestation. after downloading onto site click on the picture and get the url. cut and paste the address to a post and place
on back od address.

You are wise to have it mounted. You may never have a chance at one again. I shot my first one 3 years ago and also had it mounted. I have not seen another one since then and I hunt 3-4 days a week in the winter.

Back