10 Tips on how to spend your new rebate check

Well time to move on,now that this thread has sunk into the abyss of total bullspit.
You're probably all correct anyway. How dare I believe that any less advantaged Americans get a share of this rebate/handout/charity. I apologize for my audacity in assuming that people making 30k a yr or less, or sr. citizens living on a fixed income, be able to collect anything. Especially since they contributed nowhere near as much as some of you did. Pity that in this great country that any money should leave the hands of the "producers" and end up in the hands of the lazy do-nothing non-producers. Rest assured, I'll tip my hat to those of you who made this gift possible,whether it's enough to upgrade my foxpro, or a tank of gas.
In the meantime, I'll keep my fingers crossed for the rest of you in this election year. I'll hope that whatever administration we end up with can tackle this economy, in particular the housing issues. I'll hope this bubble reverses direction, and doesn't burst, leaving many here with their biggest investment worth a fraction of what they counted on. I suppose if the spit were to really hit the fan, you'd be spared from the humility of living paycheck to paycheck,for as long as you could maintain a million dollar bank account. Keep in mind though, should you ever face divorce, she gets half. With a good lawyer, sometimes considerably more.
So best of luck to all of you! I'm out of this thread, and back to commenting about things I do know something about. Hunting and cheapskates griping about overpriced rip-off taxidermists. Adios
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif

How about Illegal Aliens getting some of that "rebate"? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

Subject: Illegal Aliens To Get Tax Rebates

From the Desk of: Steve Elliott, President, Grassfire.org Alliance

1/30/2008

I have just learned that they just passed House Stimulus package intended to jump-start a sagging economy by giving citizens rebates, which also includes cash benefits for illegal aliens!

Yes, you read that right.

According to FOX News, the plan would benefit those illegal aliens who qualify as "resident aliens" - meaning they have spent a substantial amount of time in the U.S. and have not yet been deported.

These so-called "resident aliens" also must have been assigned an Individual Tax Identification Number.

What?

Assigning a tax number to an illegal alien in-effect legitimizes their right to be in the U.S!

As Rep. Tom Tancredo said to FOX News, the bill will certainly stimulate "more illegal immigration."

Once again this is a slap in the face to US citizen taxpayers, and I'm calling on you to take immediate action with me by calling our Senators and demanding rebates to illegal aliens be dropped from this bill.

Here's your (CA) contact information for:

Sen. Feinstein 202-224-3841
Sen. Boxer 202-224-3553

This bill easily passed through the House (385-35), and it is my hope that our Grassfire team will be able to restore some sense and sensibility as this bill progresses through the Senate.

But don't delay. Call and express your outrage today.

Thank you for taking immediate action with me.

-Steve

P.S: After calling your Senators, please forward this message on to your taxpaying friends and family members. Encourage them first to sign our petition by clicking below, and call their Senate leadership as well.

++ Sign our "Secure Our Borders" petition:

http://www.grassfire.org/42/petition.asp?PID=13505289

http://www.firesociety.com/comments/21683/?src=111

The point is, that money won't go into the American economy. It will be sent back to Mexico with the rest of the money they earn here.

These are ILLEGAL ALIENS! They are here illegally! If our government knows where to send the check, then they should know where to send the ICE bus to round up their ILLEGAL azzes and ship them back across the border!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif

Quote:
The point is, that money won't go into the American economy. It will be sent back to Mexico with the rest of the money they earn here.

These are ILLEGAL ALIENS! They are here illegally! If our government knows where to send the check, then they should know where to send the ICE bus to round up their ILLEGAL azzes and ship them back across the border!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif

You are right NASA, I am speechless /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Kinda like all that money that walmart and many other popular chains send to china,you ever shop at wm?Lowes?Home Depot?Sportsmans Wharehouse?Costco? Like it or not we are all funneling most of our money out of the US.

I read the point of origin lables on products I buy. Do you? Even my "china" is made in the US. If the Govt removed the restrictions, taxes, and penalties from US Mfr's they wouldn't have to have their products made off shore. For many years before you were born, the US made it's own goods and products. Everything started going downhill with our economic recovery of Japan.

Quote:
I too am a label reader. No way do I want my money going to China or France.

It is not that simple. Those China and France companies are mostly owned by people all around the world. As long as it is a public company, and most are, anybody can own them. Most China companies are owned by: US pension funds, US mutual funds, US individuals, UK investors. The benefit of the profits goes to the stockholders not the country the company is based in.

If you have a US pension or expect to get one, you better hope the China companies your pension fund owns do well. If they don't, your pension will have to be reduced.

Jack

I just want to make one thing clear. I do not consider people in lower income brackets "non producers". They have made different choices in life for many reasons. Or they have not been as fortunate in life that I have been. I choose to live in a city and do the work I do. Sometimes I am envious of others who spend more time outdoors and enjoy thier life hunting and fishing.

If you are not working by choice and live off of uncle sam then you would be a non producer and should not be entitled to the rebate.

As I said I have made a choice, the right one for me. Just because you make less $ does not make you less of a person. I don't begrudge the rebate to anyone, I just would like to get mine too. Maybe that is greed maybe not.

What kind of truck you drive Nasa?Where were your computer components made?How bout the components in all those e callers?Like it or not you are buying foriegn made stuff left and right and that money ends up out of the US.Unless you live in a log cabin with no power,burn wood cut with a hand saw, ride a horse,hunt with a handmade bow and communicate with smoke signals you are sending money to foriegn countrys.

Nonya, I am not psychotic about everything I own having to be "pure US made". But if the end product says made in USA, I look no further. I'm not so anal that I need to see the pedigree of every nut, bolt, washer or diode. Simply put, I do not deliberately and intentionally buy products marked "Made in India, China, Pakistan, Taiwan, Hecho en Mexico, etc.

I doubt anyone does but there are many things i buy that are made out of the US because there are no made in the US alternatives avaliable here.Many of our made in the USA products are only assembled here as well,thats all they need for the label.Honda and Toyota bolth make more vehicles in the US than all of our big name manufactures put together,Mexico and Canada get all their assembly jobs.

Last edited:
Like it or not it's a world economy, you had better hope China does well , as they need to have us do well.A companys location does not dictate that the profits go there exclusively they are held by the public and money goes back to those stock holders wherever they are. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

Last edited:
Back